AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably missed it somewhere, but would anyone have 2 minutes to tell me what the new amps are? Gathered there's the Plexi 2204 and Friedman BE C45, but can't find reference to the other one (the C45 sounds awesome!).

Update sounds fantastic; didn't really think it'd be possible to make this thing sound any better, but after just 5 minutes of quick playing there's definitely a difference. Good work and thank-you! :)

Probably missed it somewhere, but would anyone have 2 minutes to tell me what the new amps are? Gathered there's the Plexi 2204 and Friedman BE C45, but can't find reference to the other one (the C45 sounds awesome!).

Update sounds fantastic; didn't really think it'd be possible to make this thing sound any better, but after just 5 minutes of quick playing there's definitely a difference. Good work and thank-you! :)

The new Friedmans' are at the front of the Friedmans and the 2204 is listed as Plexi 2204, so just scroll through the amp list alphabetically and you\ll find them

Yeah... just before my 2 shows, tonight and tomorrow night... Updated, all is OK, awesome. Thank you Chris !

Me too, but it worked itself out after a few minutes and preset / scene chances.
Not only does it select bassguy as amp y, but all lights are off on the ax8's section where you adjust the all. TMB, Vol etc. All dark like everything is 0

uhm... me too but if you power OFF/ON the AX8 the situation change again and Y amp is resetted.
Pay attention!
Now I reinstalled the beta 4 and works fine even of it is necessary to adjust the level.

Me too, but it worked itself out after a few minutes and preset / scene chances.
Not only does it select bassguy as amp y, but all lights are off on the ax8's section where you adjust the all. TMB, Vol etc. All dark like everything is 0

Same as you guys... I have to come back to 9.04 for my 2 shows.

uhm... me too but if you power OFF/ON the AX8 the situation change again and Y amp is resetted.
Pay attention!
Now I reinstalled the beta 4 and works fine even of it is necessary to adjust the level.
Of my 6 or so reboots on Q10b5, 4 of them a single preset change has resolved the issue.
for 2 reboots, it took more than one preset change to resolve.

ie:
Boot up, change amp to Y - no sound
change preset (default to X block), change amp to Y- no sound
change preset again. Change amp to Y - have sound as expected

I'm sure Q10b6 will resolve this in time, but it's not a big issue for me as yet. It's beta software and I'm grateful to have the chance to test it out before release.

it's actually quite like my old Mesa Roadster - I would always have to change through every channel on that before starting to use it, otherwise you got a big pop when going to certain channels for the first time.
Cliff has made this thing so realistic it now models the real life a little too well : )

it's actually quite like my old Mesa Roadster - I would always have to change through every channel on that before starting to use it, otherwise you got a big pop when going to certain channels for the first time.
I don’t miss that or forgetting to do that...

Actually, there is still something odd about AMP Y not loading correctly, even after switching around a few presets.
Changing presets and going from amp X to Y using AX8Edit seems fine.
But if I use midi to change presets (MC6), then use my AXY footswitch to switch from amp X to amp Y, it sometimes seems to have the same amp type that was in the previous preset, amp slot Y. Maybe 50%. I'm trying to find a pattern.
Changing presets using the 'F' footswitches hasn't so far given me this problem

What a wonderful thing to wake up to! Many thanks to Cliff and the team!

Looking forward to my first Ares infused gig soon!

Did this XY problem happen in the first public beta? Or just this second one?
I don't know Chris, I have only installed the second one... but according to Marco, I think this problem doesn't exist in the first one.

Related but not the same, for me when changing a scene that includes an amp X/Y change, I see the 'AXY' light change on the screen (assigned to a footswitch) along with the green light directly above the footswitch but nothing else changes. The amp type stays the same, all the drive/BMT/level knobs on the unit all stay the same as amp X.
And if I manually change amp to 'Y' on scene 1, then goto scene 2 which normally has amp Y, it reverts back to amp X.

* Edit: This is changing scenes with the Scene1/2 button. If I click scene 1 or 2 in AX8edit it works as it always has.

Did this XY problem happen in the first public beta? Or just this second one?

Hi Chris,
The problems occur in the second public beta.
I have the same behavior of @Callan
after power ON the scenes don't change the X/Y status of the amp.
In some cases I found Y resetted to 59 bass guy with all parameters to zero.
if I select a different preset it works and when I select again the initial preset it works too....
When I restart the unit I the problem repeats.

For this reason I reinstalled the public beta 1 and it works with some issues:
-missing amp name on the editor
-the general level settings is lower than normal
- if the preset uses scenes modifiers, they works extremely slowly and scenes changing is lower than before.

I installed beta 5, have had the same XY issue. Scene changing from X to Y results in no sound and most parameters defaulting to zero. Reboot and it comes back. I may have to roll back to 9.04 for weekend gig.
What I did notice was the amps sounded more open , somewhat brighter, to my ears anyway.
Thanx for your work Cliff ... :)

Sounds great! Just spent an hour playing around with it.

Oh, sweet lawdy lawd, AC/DC Hell's Bells was awesome with the new Plexi. Try this:

Amp: Plexi 2204
Drive: 5
Bass: 3
Middle: 10
Treble: 5 (to taste)
Master: 10
Cab: 184 4x12 Greenback Mix

(Use the guitar volume to set the right amount of dirt.)
I will try that out because this is exactly the tome I want to get! Yesterday I played around with Beta4 a bit and I think I was close to that the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom