Auto Swell Not Loud Enough

Davus PG

Inspired
What am I doing wrong?

When i set this up with an envelope on the volume block the little ball only ever gets half to two thirds of the way up the wave, but when i use the expression pedal it goes all the way up and results in a full volume swell.

It's undoubtedly something simple but I can't find it.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

What am I doing wrong?

When i set this up with an envelope on the volume block the little ball only ever gets half to two thirds of the way up the wave, but when i use the expression pedal it goes all the way up and results in a full volume swell.

It's undoubtedly something simple but I can't find it.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

yes, do as cliff suggests, or another way round it, is to increase the "mid" value, so that the ball reaches the top of the graph

Ok will do.

I'd also like to emulate the "swell" setting from the Strymon Timeline. I'm thinking the multidelay and reverb blocks are my starting points?

After messing with the block for a while, I've found it necessary to tweak all of the following parameters to get the auto swells I need. Adjust the <Scale> to get it to full or desired volume, the <Slope> to achieve the dynamic (curve) that's needed. The <Offset> needs to be adjusted to compensate for Scale changes and <Damping> will change the rate, how quickly or slowly the volume increases and decreases. As the Scale is increased (above 1.0), the more Damping will be needed to slow the swell, unless of course it's the effect you're looking for. Here's the block I've created as a starting point when using swells. Play around with these four parameters and see how they interact with each other.

Attachments

• Auto Swell_20170321_115210.blk
    183 bytes · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom