Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Go XLR on Axe to 1/4 TRS cables into your Apollo. If you only have XLRs and go into XLRs ins you must not add any gain at the mic pre level (turn them down)

By the way, I'm a big fan of using the S/PDIF in on Apollos with the S/PDIF out of the Axe-Fx. Pure digital signal with no A/D conversions, and frees up your other inputs. Now, you can't get that top level "Unison" input function of the mic preamps plug-ins if you use it this way, but the mic preamps do insert first in the channel under that if you want, all the other inserts are available. I rarely need to use the Apollo mic pres recording with Axe-Fx, the presets I make don't really need them. Some light compression can be a little nice to add though going into a DAW...

By the way, I'm a big fan of using the S/PDIF in on Apollos with the S/PDIF out of the Axe-Fx. Pure digital signal with no A/D conversions, and frees up your other inputs.
That sounds almost too easy. Do I have to go into Setup to tell S/PDIF to mirror OUT1?

That sounds almost too easy. Do I have to go into Setup to tell S/PDIF to mirror OUT1?

At the bottom center of this picture, you will see a "Settings" button. Click on that and you will see the box on the left. Then you will see "line input gain" second from the bottom. Make that "bypass" and it will skip the mic pres.
Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 5.57.47 PM.png

At the bottom center of this picture, you will see a "Settings" button. Click on that and you will see the box on the left. Then you will see "line input gain" second from the bottom. Make that "bypass" and it will skip the mic pres.
View attachment 64793
My older silverface Quad only has options for Output Reference and Channel DSP. I’m running the latest firmware, so I guess that’s just how it is. No biggie, I’m going to try the S/PDIF input and see how that works. Thanks for the pic!

My older silverface Quad only has options for Output Reference and Channel DSP. I’m running the latest firmware, so I guess that’s just how it is. No biggie, I’m going to try the S/PDIF input and see how that works. Thanks for the pic!
Sorry. Didn’t see you had a SF. Yeah, I’d go spdif.

...and yes, it works quite easily! So now I’ve got my Focal monitors running with my Behringer floor monitors. 4 monitors in a bedroom studio. Severe overkill BUT my wife is down in the basement doing battle with Borderlands 3, so I can crank it as loud as I want. Yes, even gig volume :cool:

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience.

The new, re-vamped website is now on-line at the same location -- www.austinbuddy.com. Already gotten a few orders.

If you have any issues using it, please email me directly using the CONTACT tab on the website. We are still doing little tweaks to it visually etc. but the store is working and you should be able to login to your account and see your downloads now.

Thanks! - AB

Back
Top Bottom