Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I wanted to say that I purchased these and they are great. I was considering selling my 3 because of the amount of time knob twisting. These presets allow me to set it and forget it. I have not found a bad scene yet. I would buy again.

Last night I sat down with these searching for a bluesy tone a la early Popa Chubby. There were so many great sounding scenes it was hard to choose (and this without even engaging any of the bypassed drives, etc.) Then I looked for a Frusciante-like clean stratty tone. Again, so many candidates. This is an embarrassment of riches! Great stuff, AB!

Back from vacation. Loaded these up before I left but didn't have a chance to play any of them. Wow. Just fired up the Morgan AC-20's preset and haven't left it yet to try anything else. Sounds so good!

Spent WAY too much time tonight on the preset that has four scenes with a Matchless DC30 and four with a Chieftain (Buttery) and SO DAMNED GOOD !

I love the way you’ve incorporated IRs from TAF (The Amp Factory) in some of your presets. Some of them are still my favorites (AC30 and some of the Marshalls).

That's also my big problem - I set out to find a particular tone...but are distracted by so many unrelated other wonderful sounds in these presets... 5 hours goes by... Boom.. no time to do what I was doing...
Thanks
Pauly

Spent WAY too much time tonight on the preset that has four scenes with a Matchless DC30 and four with a Chieftain (Buttery) and SO DAMNED GOOD !

I love the way you’ve incorporated IRs from TAF (The Amp Factory) in some of your presets. Some of them are still my favorites (AC30 and some of the Marshalls).

Thanks. I really strove to use lots of IRs instead of a small set. Some of those TAF legacy Factory cabs are too often overlooked. Still lots of IRs to check out! Just filled a user bank with nothing but commerical IR greenbacks and will spend a day auditioning them down into the best set of 20 or so...

I purchased this preset pack about a week ago, and here’s my (hopefully) brief review.

I was hesitant going into this purchase. I typically don’t like presets made by others, but I decided to give the pack a try because of all the glowing reviews, and man, am I glad I did. I’ve been exposed to so many different amps that I’ve never tried or liked before—Buttery, Tiny Terrier, Dweezil’s Bassguy, Hot Kitty, Boutique, etc. I was familiar with a lot of the higher gain models, but I’ve never really been able to dial in these other types of amps. Honestly, they’re great.

On the high gain side, these are great too. I had to open my mind a bit—usually I like the 5153 50W Blue, but AustinBuddy built the 100W Red similarly to how I like the 50W Blue to sound. So I’d default there instead of my “usual.” Similarly, I usually like the Severe 1, but AB EQ’d the Severe 2 to sound like my “usual.” So I’m finding sounds I like and feel like home, but I’m having to look elsewhere. Not a bad thing at all, just a note—don’t be discouraged if “your amp” doesn't sound like “your sound.” Check other options, and you’ll find your way. (Obviously, you can also re-EQ any of the presets, but I’m trying to leave them be for now.)

I like the included effects as well. I’m married to @2112’s Workhorse settings, so I’ve been changing the FET Drive settings to those, and I’ll swap out the Esoteric for a TS808 or something, but you can tell everything was carefully crafted.

All in all, I recommend this pack. I didn’t purchase the previous 700+ pack, but I’m glad I hopped on the train this time.

I purchased this preset pack about a week ago, and here’s my (hopefully) brief review.

I was hesitant going into this purchase. I typically don’t like presets made by others, but I decided to give the pack a try because of all the glowing reviews, and man, am I glad I did. I’ve been exposed to so many different amps that I’ve never tried or liked before—Buttery, Tiny Terrier, Dweezil’s Bassguy, Hot Kitty, Boutique, etc. I was familiar with a lot of the higher gain models, but I’ve never really been able to dial in these other types of amps. Honestly, they’re great.

On the high gain side, these are great too. I had to open my mind a bit—usually I like the 5153 50W Blue, but AustinBuddy built the 100W Red similarly to how I like the 50W Blue to sound. So I’d default there instead of my “usual.” Similarly, I usually like the Severe 1, but AB EQ’d the Severe 2 to sound like my “usual.” So I’m finding sounds I like and feel like home, but I’m having to look elsewhere. Not a bad thing at all, just a note—don’t be discouraged if “your amp” doesn't sound like “your sound.” Check other options, and you’ll find your way. (Obviously, you can also re-EQ any of the presets, but I’m trying to leave them be for now.)

I like the included effects as well. I’m married to @2112’s Workhorse settings, so I’ve been changing the FET Drive settings to those, and I’ll swap out the Esoteric for a TS808 or something, but you can tell everything was carefully crafted.

All in all, I recommend this pack. I didn’t purchase the previous 700+ pack, but I’m glad I hopped on the train this time.

Thank you Brian for the thoughtful review and kind words!

Thanks! I will fix in the next update. There may be one or two more like that. I had to manually re-route the amp and cab blocks to put them in parallel rather than series ( to avoid pops) and then redo cabling. Was not from a single template.

Will add this to the list of tweaks for next version...

PS Really got to love that route 66 amp when doing multiple scenes in the III, the “Beano” scene setting is pretty awesome with humbuckers!

Thanks! I will fix in the next update. There may be one or two more like that. I had to manually re-route the amp and cab blocks to out them in paralelle rather than series ( to avoid pops) and then redo cabling. Was not from a single template.

Will add this to the lost of tweaks for next version...
Cool... I'm tooling thru them finding some nice tones. If I find more, I'll let you know.

I also noticed tonight that there are two Tremolux presets. I think had started or intended to make one a single coil only version of the same preset, but then got pulled away and forgot to finish. Will add that to the list.

I’ll also soon do a C45 HBE 2018 preset and share both here and on axe-change for the amp Cliff just added in firmware 1.14...

Back
Top Bottom