Atomic CLR Users...

Hope I am not too off topic. I'm wondering how many CLR wedge buyers bought 2 and how you run them? I use my looper A LOT, more that 50% of a show with a 3 piece band. I usually do the loop first , either a hook or bridge, then insert it, to do leads over.Then I have the loop panned hard right, while my live playing is 60/70% on the left,at home on my Mackie 824's, it works great.. I am hoping to reproduce that live with the CLR's :geek

I bought two right off the bat - Active Wedges.

I run both in monitor position (in front) when I'm standing and jamming around.
I run 1 in backline position, 1 in monitor position when I'm jammin' with friends.
I run both in backline position in my home studio when I'm writing and recording as I tend to sit when I play when at home; but facing me.

They're incredible.

All this while, I've been put off by the "disconnect" the Axe-II was presenting in "sound and feel" and "in the room" dynamics. Just so happens the CLRs bridged the gap, and while I have no [real] experience with other FRFR offerings, I can state with confidence there's no need for me to look elsewhere whatsoever. They sound how I had hoped things would sound "in a perfect world" as per the Axe-II.

Cheers,
Mo

I have the active wedge for a couple of weeks. compared to my beloved Adam-A7 they sound not so 'sofisticated', more raw, which is a good thing. less higher freq then the Adam A7

Sounded wonderfull on rehearsel. beautifull sound which is all around in a wide range, you don't need to stand in one sweet spot.

Patrick, the Adams have high shelf controls at the rear, if you would want to decrease the highs.

I have 3 CLR's here to test, and can say without a shadow of a doubt that the CLR's are an order of magnitude better than the K12's - IMHO of course.

I run them either:
1) two as a stereo set
2) wet-dry-wet rig
3) two used for a mini PA and one for personal monitor

Three of them? Damn... send me one and we'll both have a nice stereo set then. ;) :D

I've two and Im loving them.
I have the atomic reactors as well but the CLRs are in a different league.
Great separation as others have said and so loud.
More than Ill ever need.

Patrick, the Adams have high shelf controls at the rear, if you would want to decrease the highs.

Alexander, I'm aware of that. But AFAIK the Adams are a better reference than the CLR's. So I need to compansate the CLR's, not the Adam A7.

Reactions: yek
Alexander, I'm aware of that. But AFAIK the Adams are a better reference than the CLR's. So I need to compansate the CLR's, not the Adam A7.

I`m not so sure of that actually. But as long as it sounds good, it does not matter at all.

So from everybodies experience it the wedges do the job when on there side as cab and this makes them very versatile to be used either way.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom