Atomic CLR "EXPLOSIVE"!!! UPDATES w/Vid Setup and Backing tracks

So what was your impression when comparing the old Atomics to the new ones?

Bigger Boom!
- More power , more headroom . Thats a given , lets be fair now, The Active reactor cab has a 50W amp vs. the CLR (500W) - Coaxial!!!!
tim-taylor.gif

Just got mine today too..sounds great. I was previously playing through a JBL PLX wedge but I always noticed artificial bass frequencies. With the CLR, it sounds like I'm play through an actual tube amp + cab. Very happy. This thing can move some air...

I used my pair at rehearsal tonight and they sounded great, way better than the Verve FBTs I had, and although my RCF expereince was brief due to repair problems, I believe they sound more guitar ampish.

I'm impressed and no longer looking for my FRFR solution.

FWIW, compared to my LCD-2 headphones, the CLR is a little bassier but nearly indistinguishable.

Got mine today! Fired it up. First I thought it sounded like ass. Guess what? Right, didn't have cab sims on. Turned them on and then I played for like an hour. Sounds great.

I've talked to Tom about covers; it is on their roadmap but he did not give me a time frame.

I have now gigged the CLR twice and rehearsed it with my full on band again tonight (just back).

I am really really happy with this thing. Just an impressive performance tool that honestly and accurately does it's job. Very well. Scary well.

I recieved my Active CLR Wedge yesterday, the short answer is I love it! FYI, I've owned the RCF NX12SMA, QSC K10, Xitone Cab with Eminence Beta 12CX, EV ELX 112p, Matrix Gt800 and assorted 2x12's with different speakers all for Axe 2 usage.

My initial impressions of the Atomic CLR: build qulity is first rate, it's absolutely beautiful, just feels solid as a rock, the clarity of sound is truly excellent, more organic than my RCF, more amp in the room sound/vibe than my RCF, first impression is that it plays in the same sandbox as the RCF NX12SMA with less of the hifi sheen the RCF has... the CLR is a huge winner and I can't wait to spend more time with it! Prior to the CLR I thought the RCF was THE benchmark in FRFR for guitar modeling... it was really an eye-opener for me... the CLR has taken that #1 spot.

For right now I plan on holding onto both the RCF and CLR and being happy. On my gig we use IEM's and I've used the Axe through all of the above scenarios... and I've used nothing as well. Luckily, my bandmates want some onstage guitar volume. I will try the CLR in that capacity soon.

Thanks for the head's up Jay, I read the manual first and it was easy to setup the gain structure.

I instantly crave one more Atomic wedge or maybe even an Active straight cab ... that's a good thing right?

Back
Top Bottom