Atmospheric Tutorials...

TheScientist

Inspired
Still not getting how to combine a chain of effects to give good atmospheric delays. I listen to, say, a youtube video on The Big Sky Reverb pedal, and I know the axe can do all that...i just dont know how really. Is there something out there that can help?

the plex detune is a good place to start. set all the delay times randomly between 100ms and 300ms and the delay time to 10-15secs. leave everything else at default. that'll give you a lush, ambient reverb. also go through the presets in bank B and C....there are some nice ambient ones in there...Ganymede is one, if memory serves...

the plex detune is a good place to start. set all the delay times randomly between 100ms and 300ms and the delay time to 10-15secs. leave everything else at default. that'll give you a lush, ambient reverb. also go through the presets in bank B and C....there are some nice ambient ones in there...Ganymede is one, if memory serves...

I have taken the multi delay of Ganymede, and applied it to all of my clean patches, on scene 4. That to me is the best ambient tone I know. I get more compliments when I play that in church. It fits in so many places. I'll turn on the other multi delay which is setup for dotted 8th and 1/4 tempo and play with the Tremelo on my strat, and I melt peoples hearts.

Here is my main patch. Its a Dumble amp it uses a lot of CPU but sounds great.
Scene 4 has the ambience add the other multi delay and play. There are so many ways of achieving those types of sounds, heres mine.

I use a lot of Delay and reverb in my patches, I try to set myself a part from the other guitar player by adding the spices.

View attachment 20132

you will need to bypass the wah.

Attachments

• Dumble ODS.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Great! Thanx for sharing, Scott. Will give it a spin during the weekend.

Yeah, its always weird when I share my presets because they are setup for me and the kind of guitar playing that I do.

I believe in stacking over drives in front of clean amps and you can't get much cleaner then a Dumble.

Here is my main patch. Its a Dumble amp it uses a lot of CPU but sounds great.
Scene 4 has the ambience add the other multi delay and play. There are so many ways of achieving those types of sounds, heres mine.

I use a lot of Delay and reverb in my patches, I try to set myself a part from the other guitar player by adding the spices.

View attachment 20126

I downloaded your patch. It looks like a normal patch file and uploads properly to the Axe using Fractal Bot, but I end up with a completely blank layout. I did it twice.

also go through the presets in bank B and C....there are some nice ambient ones in there...Ganymede is one, if memory serves...

Can someone post a sysex file of this preset? I don't have any of the factory presets loaded and don't want to to load in the whole bank. I think it is not possible to download individual presets from the factory banks (?).

You can open single preset from the bank in Axe Edit and then save it somewhere in the Axe.

How do I do that? As far as I can remember you could only load in whole factory banks. How can I audition individual presets from the factory banks without loading in the whole bank? I didn't update to the latest Axe Edit yet (I'm still on FW12.03)

That's correct. AE will open the entire bank in a separate window, where you can select the preset you want.

ok, that must be one of the thing that has changed with the new Axe manage. Will have a look at that when I update.

Back
Top Bottom