are they scared who knows

1263232606995_Reaction_faces_part_1-s350x345-151481-580.jpg

As one of the smartest people I know of, I'll need to rethink my views on Harleys.

There are a lot of things about Harleys that are stupid: a bazillion different fastener types and even mixing of English and metric, air-cooled engines, high prices, and so on. Japanese bikes are better in these aspects. My Hondas require only several socket sizes to work on the entire bike.

The thing about Harleys is that everything is "real". Real chrome, not that fake plasti-chrome stuff, "real" gas tanks with no visible weld seam, real leather seats, etc. They are very comfortable, sound great and hold their value. I've owned a myriad of bikes from Japanese manufacturers and I'll take a Harley any day over them. Hondas are insanely reliable and a tremendous value but they're built to a price-point and the compromises required to obtain that price-point are not acceptable IMO.

All that said, riding a motorcycle is a very risky hobby these days. Cell-phone use is one of the biggest dangers. I've had several close calls recently all due to distracted drivers and I rarely ride anymore. It's a shame that people are so impatient and have such disregard for the safety of others these days. They've passed a hands-free law here in NH but I constantly see people breaking that law, texting, and generally being oblivious to the world around them.

Here in Arizona, you don't dare ride during the winter, when snow bird season is here. We get folks of the retired variety, who don't want to think, that bikers should exist for some reason. My daughter and her boyfriend work at Chandler Harley In Arizona, and I love looking around at all the cool bikes, one day I'll get another one. Be safe out there, please.

Last edited:
All the time. I wanted to be cycling (road biking) this summer, but in Michigan, it's not easy. Lots of unpaved roads and ones with literally no shoulder. I would feel safest on trails, or maybe if we lived up north where there are significantly less people.

However, we were in a car accident back in March (guy just pulled right out in front of us), and since then I really notice the high percentage of distracted and/or impatient drivers on the road. Going to and from the PT clinic, I've nearly been in quite a few accidents right in the parking lot. People simply are not paying attention and seem to always be in a rush. You see that stop sign? I guess not! Oh, okay. Well, I don't have one, and you do. Maybe try actually stopping, looking around, and then going, when it's actually safe. Sure as heck creates a lot of unnecessary anxiety.

Be safe when and if you do go ride.

There are a lot of things about Harleys that are stupid: a bazillion different fastener types and even mixing of English and metric, air-cooled engines, high prices, and so on. Japanese bikes are better in these aspects. My Hondas require only several socket sizes to work on the entire bike.

The thing about Harleys is that everything is "real". Real chrome, not that fake plasti-chrome stuff, "real" gas tanks with no visible weld seam, real leather seats, etc. They are very comfortable, sound great and hold their value. I've owned a myriad of bikes from Japanese manufacturers and I'll take a Harley any day over them. Hondas are insanely reliable and a tremendous value but they're built to a price-point and the compromises required to obtain that price-point are not acceptable IMO.

All that said, riding a motorcycle is a very risky hobby these days. Cell-phone use is one of the biggest dangers. I've had several close calls recently all due to distracted drivers and I rarely ride anymore. It's a shame that people are so impatient and have such disregard for the safety of others these days. They've passed a hands-free law here in NH but I constantly see people breaking that law, texting, and generally being oblivious to the world around them.

Last edited:
Mmm hmm. Yup. Drives me nuts. The snow birds from here come back in the spring and, watch out.

Here in Arizona, you don't dare ride during the winter, when snow bird season is here. We get folks of the retired variety, who don't want to think, that bikers should exist for some reason. My daughter and her boyfriend work at Chandler Harley In Arizona, and I love looking around at all the cool bikes, one day I'll get another one. Be safe out there, please.

Here in Virginia Beach. We have all walks of life due to a high military population.....although I do ride in a bubble it is still scary at times cause you never know who is texting....and they may violate my bubble....so I try not to ride in the city at all anymore...peace and be safe out there...Fractal Boss Man...need my firmware updates...LoL..

Back
Top Bottom