Apologies if I'm being totally dense but.....

Davus PG

Inspired
Where's the synth block?

I've upgraded to FW 3.0 and the FX8 Edit software, but can't find it in the effects block list?!

"The new version of FX8-Edit (below) is REQUIRED. Please upgrade the editor BEFORE connecting the updated FX8, or you will need to manually execute Settings | Update After New Firmware in FX8-Edit."

did you done do dat?

"The new version of FX8-Edit (below) is REQUIRED. Please upgrade the editor BEFORE connecting the updated FX8, or you will need to manually execute Settings | Update After New Firmware in FX8-Edit."

did you done do dat?

I did done do that, but no SYNTH

I have all the new drives and delays though.....

Did you download the new FX8-Edit listed in the Public Beta annoucement? If not, you will need that for much of the support.

On the FX8, press the Setup button, then Switch 3, then page over to Firmware - what version is listed on your FX8?

Hey! Did you download and install the new FX8-Edit? Sorry, had to..... I'll make sure you get another copy of that memo. :))

I'm getting the same problem.
The synth block isn't showing in the drop down list of effects in fx8 edit but the new delays and drive are.

Also when I unplug fx8 edit and input the synth block in on the new config page on the fx8 unit , then save the preset, the synth block doesn't show on the footswitch page - it's just an empty block even though the synth is there.

Somehow, you are not running the current version. Please verify the version of the FX8-Edit currently running. I know this sounds redundant, but the symptom you are describing is what happens when you run a version that does not support the Synth.

Somehow, you are not running the current version. Please verify the version of the FX8-Edit currently running. I know this sounds redundant, but the symptom you are describing is what happens when you run a version that does not support the Synth.

Strange that.
I downloaded it from the fractalaudio website and it's the latest from the site.
I'll check the version tomorrow.

I've downloaded fx8 edit from the link in the forum post using chrome, firefix and Internet explorer and uninstalled and rebooted between each time and fx8 edit won't launch any time.
It only launches if I download it from fractalaudio's downliads page.

Wi

Windows 7 64.

What I may do is just use the version of fx8 edit that works from the fractalaudio website and do any editing on the synth etc from the front panel.

hmmm... that's so weird... what happens if you ADD it via the hardware then look at that block via the software? Does it see it then?

Back
Top Bottom