Anyone using a piezo-equipped guitar? What amp model?

Now that i have my JP15 I"m startin to see the advantage of havin the Axe III. Creating a second chain for my piezo feed i have little CPU to spare for blocks. I'd love to get my hands on some of these IR's or the process as mentioned above by Simeon. Interesting

no amp. tonematch it to a real acoustic.

honestly, i've tried everything and this gave me far and away the best results. i used a video on youtube, which was a stereo recording, so i tonematched the left and right sides independently, saved them as user cabs and then loaded them into a stereo cab block. a little compression, fine eq for tweaking the low end, some reverb and it sounds brilliant.

Would you consider shareing the YouTube video name/link? TIA!

Would you consider shareing the YouTube video name/link? TIA!

yeah, i used this one - strumming and fingerpicking included, so you can choose which bit to tonematch depending on your style

it took me a while to figure out this has been recorded in stereo. doing a mono summed tonematch didn't work particularly well and one side is a little brighter than the other (two different mics, i suspect), so i did separate ones for left and right and it preserves the tonal balance and sounds very nice with each tonematch/user cab panned hard left and right.

I have been away from the "puter" for a while due to family health issues. These are some great comments and suggestions! I had never thought of many of them. That is what is so great about this forum. Everyone is willing and eager to share ideas for the better of all. Sometimes you need an outside eye to point something out that is right in front of you. Thanks everyone!

yeah, i used this one - strumming and fingerpicking included, so you can choose which bit to tonematch depending on your style

it took me a while to figure out this has been recorded in stereo. doing a mono summed tonematch didn't work particularly well and one side is a little brighter than the other (two different mics, i suspect), so i did separate ones for left and right and it preserves the tonal balance and sounds very nice with each tonematch/user cab panned hard left and right.

Cool, thank you Simeon. Yes, in the video you can see two mics (stereo pair) and the Fishman.

Much appreciated.

This is really cool. I've honestly not tried much Tone Matching but think i got this figured out. To capture the left and right channels separately i set the "Ref Channel" to left to begin. Captured the audio via USB. Then "Local" and played my guitar > "Match" > Export as a cab. Then repeated this for the right side of the stereo clip. At the end i call up a stereo cab and choose the left and right cabs that were TM. I mean it sounds like it so I assume i did this correctly. Much easier than I first thought.

no amp. tonematch it to a real acoustic.

honestly, i've tried everything and this gave me far and away the best results. i used a video on youtube, which was a stereo recording, so i tonematched the left and right sides independently, saved them as user cabs and then loaded them into a stereo cab block. a little compression, fine eq for tweaking the low end, some reverb and it sounds brilliant.
What reference recording did you use?

What reference recording did you use?

Does anyone have a quick 2 in/2 out preset for piezo and electric? I need to cover 2 parts this evening.
TIA!

At least on my Music Man JP6 I can use a stereo cable from the guitar out and split the piezo and magnetic within Axe-Fx and process them individually. Piezo is IMO not supposed to run through amps.

Back
Top Bottom