Anyone Used Midi Commander?

Jbmetal

Inspired
I found a cool app on the Play Store called Midi Commander that allows you to send all kinds of different Midi and sysex messages in all kinds of different setups and you can save and load different setups. I would LOVE to use this for my Axe live for quick editing of certain parameters, but I cannot figure it out.

Has anyone else tried this app and could maybe provide some insight or advice?

Here's the link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170212-122144.png
    Screenshot_20170212-122144.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 22
If you used that app, you'd have to figure out the MIDI Sysex messaging for every single parameter. It's pretty complicated as I tried this myself once, but eventually gave up.

If you want to control the Axe FX with your phone/tablet, your best option is AlGrenadine's app FracPad. It's $29.99EUR which seems pricey for an app, but its an indie app that works 100% like Axe Edit. He updates it frequently and is very responsive to emails if you have questions. I'm very glad I bought it.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...editor-for-the-axefx-ii-xl-xl-and-ax8.120946/

If you used that app, you'd have to figure out the MIDI Sysex messaging for every single parameter. It's pretty complicated as I tried this myself once, but eventually gave up.

If you want to control the Axe FX with your phone/tablet, your best option is AlGrenadine's app FracPad. It's $29.99EUR which seems pricey for an app, but its an indie app that works 100% like Axe Edit. He updates it frequently and is very responsive to emails if you have questions. I'm very glad I bought it.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...editor-for-the-axefx-ii-xl-xl-and-ax8.120946/

I just bought that and it isn't working on my Pixel, but he's working on getting it sorted out for me. I just thought this would be cool as it seemed a little more performance friendly than an Axe Edit-type setup.

But thanks for the reply.

I built one for the AxeFx Ultra on iOS using MIDI Designer Pro. That is a sweet app. It took a ton of time but worked great, as noted, to edit stuff like Gain, BMT, on the Axe you are going to hae to use sysex extensively in your control panel. I later adopted the Lemur AxeFx template as my main app for my Ultra and the native FracPad editor for the II. All the paramteres on the Fractal products make these kinds of things a big task and they require a bit of maintenance as well.

Back
Top Bottom