Anyone Try The New Amp Models?

Fro

Experienced
Just curious if anyone has tried out any of the new amp models yet? I’ve upgraded, but haven’t had time yet to try anything. I’m hearing a lot of talk about scenes. How about a shout out for the amp models? Anyone?

Honestly I couldn't get past Plexi Treble, it sounded so good! Need more hours in a day. But looking forward to trying the Badger 30; I love what I've heard on videos of this amp.

That's the problem I had. I've been using the JCM 800 these days. We hadn't had a serious show or practice since I switched to the 800. My bandmates were all in awe of my current sound, and I didn't have time to try anything new.

Every amp model added to the Axe-FX in the past 6 months is excellent. I dig the authoritativeness in the voicing of the Silver Jubilee. It sounds massive with a band (last night I rehearsed with that one... BOOM!)

Every amp model added to the Axe-FX in the past 6 months is excellent. I dig the authoritativeness in the voicing of the Silver Jubilee. It sounds massive with a band (last night I rehearsed with that one... BOOM!)

The Jubilee was my goto amp in the real amp world. It's nice to see other people get the chance to try that one out. :)

I woke up about 3am this morning and couldn't sleep so I dialed in a patch with the Nitro. Really like how it sounded through phones and can't wait to get home and try it out through my monitors. Pretty beefy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

The Splawn sounds way better now, something has been fixed acording to the release note, not sure what it is, but it's more open now, less muddy. It sounds like it should, like a Hotrod Marshall. And the 3 gears is an awesome feature. It really nails those 3 real Quickrod modes. Gear 1 is like a Plexi with the gain down, and like a Hotrod plexi with the gain high. Gear 2 is more like a JCM800 and Gear 3 like a Lead modern Marshall tone. Badger 30 sounds like the 18 to my ears, with a bit more gain. The jubilee is a different beast I'll need to explore more. I haven't mess enough with the master volume and the gain yet. The Nitro is a tight american style High gain monster. Keep the drive and master fairly low and shredd!!!!

Only the Suhr Badger 30. Blows me away! I use a slightly overdriven tone most of the time - this amp is voiced perfectly for what I do. I will try it worth more drive, etc., but haven't yet.

Actually ALL the amp models are new now. This latest voodoo hocus pocus firmware has brought every amp CLOSER to WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I crack up inside every time I see your profile pic ("I got a fever!....and the only cure....is more cowbell!!")

The quickrod sounds eons better then it did previously. Something is very different with it.

And I know I was the one that thought the first version nailed it well, but I ended up finding a deal on a quickrod I could not resist. Even though I did not like it on the Axe or when I initially tried it, I picked it up anyway.

After getting some time to dial in the real quickrod, I found I was not fond of the Axe FX version.

However with this new release, it really does the quickrod very well. I thought I read that what was in version 8 was just renamed to spawn q-rod 3 for version 9. But to me it sounds very different in version 9 and really nails the actual quickrod

Yesterday I kept switching between my actual quickrod and the Axe FX and man I am telling you they are very close now.

The nitro sounds incredible!

I got to spend some time with the Jubilee last night. I absolutely love it. The model has more bass on tap than the 2550 that I used to have. However, that's not a bad thing since my 2550 felt like it could use more bass. I'm very happy with the Jubilee model!

I got to spend some time with the Jubilee last night. I absolutely love it. The model has more bass on tap than the 2550 that I used to have. However, that's not a bad thing since my 2550 felt like it could use more bass. I'm very happy with the Jubilee model!

The range of the bass control on the model is slightly greater than the actual amp.

Back
Top Bottom