Anyone tried 2 drive blocks in parallel?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
i was watching videos on the Strymon Sunset and the Chase Bliss Brother. Both are two-sided drives and you can run either side firs or you can run them parallel. Kinda funny because the reviewers mentioned how interesting that was. It kind of is to me as well because I hadn't considered in the Axe FX (or FX8). Have any of you tried/are using drive pedals in parallel?

It is epic and allows you to create wonderful almost 3 dimensional or multi-textural distortion sounds.

Play with the mix parameters in the drive blocks to allow some of the clean signal in as well for even more tonal possibilities.

Please find an example of this type of routing that uses parallel drives and x/y states for many possibilities that I posted here:

Free Preset/IR Bundle Gift in Celebration of FW Q8.01

Yep just find the right combos . I like the tape echo the timmy and a couple others . Think just like a pedal board with stacking . The right amp model of course helps . But you be surprised . Like the clean Cameron's like pedals . Crank up the atomica and smash it with some pedals . Nice!

I use the Fuzz Face and another fuzz pedal, Hard Fuzz I think, in parallel. I was looking for a gnarly fuzz sound and none of the fuzz pedals had it by itself. Personally I think Fractal should stop fussing about amp models and spend some time on the effects instead, especially the fuzz pedals, as I find them underwhelming. I tried running a couple in series and found that parallel gave me a better gnarly sound.

Back
Top Bottom