Free Preset/IR Bundle Gift in Celebration of FW Q8.01

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi,

Sine the Fractal bass community has been so awesome in supporting my Dr Bonkers Soundlab adventure to date, I figured I would give the strictly guitar players on the forum an intro to my wares to commemorate Q8.01.

I was able to nail the sounds of my friend's Gibson-Moog-Norlin Lab Series L5 using my IR's also featured for sale here: https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...me-1-lavie-2x12-guitar-cabinet-ir-collection/

So here is the free gift preview (I converted the AX8 and XLII+ using FracTool, so you may have to download both syx files and use Fractool to get at the ir's if you have an Ax-8 and XLII+).

Besides it being new L & R mono files to give the illusion of stereo IR's, here are some more reasons why you might want to check out this free Preset/IR Bundle preview:

• Interesting way I tweaked the drive blocks to respond dynamically to your playing.
  • Parallel Drive block routing in a memory efficient way.
  • Exploration effects block sequencing that's a little out of the norm.
  • The IR's in this preset bundle use a PZM in the mixes to give some depth and dimension to the ir's.
If you like the the bundle, let me know. If you make any music with it, I would love to hear it.

If you really like the bundle, all I ask is you think about purchasing one in the future.

Have a great weekend and happy playing.

Dr. B

Attachments

• DBS AF2 Q8.01 LabSeries L5.syx
    27.6 KB · Views: 192
  • DBS AX8 Q8.01 LabSeries L5.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DBS XL2 Q8.01 LabSeries L5.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DBS_LaVIe2X12_RE20_89_PZM_Left_Bright_R.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DBS_LaVIe2X12_RE20_89_PZM_Right_Bright_R.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Is there a free IR with this?
I created the preset-cab bundle using the AFII. I am not sure if Fractool stripped the ir out of the converted bundles as I have none of those other models to test. But I believe Fractool has a way to extract them.

The IR wasn't in the preset that I downloaded either ( XL version ) .... And unfortunately I'm not a FracTool user .... :(

But that's probably O.K., as I'm not one of the folks 'jonesing' for the L5 either .... ;)

Just a heads up that this way exceeds the AX8 CPU demands unless you disable Reverb.
That's great to know. Sorry about that. Perhaps this is something Fractool can warn about in the future. At least now I know 80% memory in AF2 means drop the reverb from the preset for the AX-8 version.

The IR wasn't in the preset that I downloaded either ( XL version ) .... And unfortunately I'm not a FracTool user .... :(

But that's probably O.K., as I'm not one of the folks 'jonesing' for the L5 either .... ;)
Sorry about that. I am not sure why Factool does that. Here you go, see the orig post for the ir's.. Sorry for the trouble.

just got to installing it..very nice indeed. scene 7 gets me right into the opening bars of Thunderclap Newmans Something in the Air..
Wow! That's really cool to hear. Thanks so much. I am glad you enjoy the preset and ir.

I created the preset-cab bundle using the AFII. I am not sure if Fractool stripped the ir out of the converted bundles as I have none of those other models to test. But I believe Fractool has a way to extract them.
FracTool does not strip IRs from bundles if you use the harddisk icon to convert, not the preset viewer.
And no it doesn't extract IRs from bundles

FracTool does not strip IRs from bundles if you use the harddisk icon to convert, not the preset viewer.
And no it doesn't extract IRs from bundles
Thanks Al, I will redo my files in the other Cab Packs shortly using this tip.

It would be cool if FracTool could give you the memory warning if when you are converting from II or IIXL+ down to AX-8 if your preset will exceed the memory of the AX-8. This way you could choose which effect block you need to delete in order to give a pleasing experience for an AX-8 user.

Back
Top Bottom