Anyone sell all their tube amps?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I sold my tube amps.
After a couple of years I’ve realize that I haven’t missed them and I haven’t even had any GAS to buy any.
I‘m even selling my tube collection as I’ll never need them. That’s a testament to how great the Axe is.

Sold my Marshall Plexi and 4x12 cab. Will keep my DSL40c with Lynchback just to have a tube amp around. Absolutely love my FM3!

I ve just bought two Marshall jvm410hjs and still have my fm3.. I use the heads with universal audio ox.. No cab.. Happy with both worlds

Yes, Twin Reverb, Mesa Mark 5, Orange Rockerverb and Friedman Runt. As well as the OX cab simulator.

I'm probably the only one who bought other tube amps, some based on the model sounds found in the Ax FX
Nope - you're not alone - bought a SLO 30 - and just for the fun of it, an Orange Super Crush 100, which actually way exceeded my expectations.
I love my Axe fx - but still love amps and pedals too.

I sold pretty much all my my pedals and amps shortly after the Axe 3 came out. I kept my Boogie MKV 35 which I have a combo shell and head shell. I used swap the chassis in and out depending on what gig I was doing. Plus I used to like using the 35 with my Boogie 2x12 which I don't own anymore.

I'm actually thinking of selling my MKV 35 and also a boogie 1x12 I've had for years to fund another guitar purchase. Sold a LP the other day and I'm trying to get some more cash together for the other guitar I want. I'm in two minds if I should sell the Boogie or not. I don't think I've even played through it or turned it on since going with the Axe 3. Seems a shame to just leave the amp collecting dust in the corner of my room. Maybe it is time to sell it and let someone else enjoy it!

And I've just realised I've already posted in this thread twice!

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one who bought other tube amps, some based on the model sounds found in the Ax FX
You’re not the only one. I loved the Tucana model so much I grabbed a real one when the chance came up, and I’ve since picked up a Carol Ann Satin as well. Also have a Swart SST-30 (that was a dream amp for years), and I sorta stumbled into a Swart Stereo Master 20. Fwiw, the Axe makes an absolutely perfect pedalboard for all of them. The Swarts together make a killer w/d/w rig.

Not buying amps cabs and pedals means I’ve owned 4 core PRS a nik huber and 4 custom shop les pauls since I got the axe 3 (not to mention sanely priced guitars in and out as well).

I have bought , traded and sold many amps over a 40 year period. The GAS SUCKS, and it was SUCKING my bank account dry. There comes a point where you have to either pick an amp platform, and go with it, or be miserable and let it SUCK all the fun and joy out of the whole thing, which is meant to be fun and a pleasure to indulge in. When it came to that point where it was draining my bank account, and I was never happy with anything I got, thus buying, selling and trading everytime I turned around. Its time to either be happy with what I have, or sell the crap and just forget it all. Its not worth the frustration, chase a so called tone in your head, and be forever miserable about it. Just saying. Right now, I just have a few pedals on a PedalTrain pedalboard, all BOSS, and one guitar, and one amp, a Morgan MVP23. We will see how that goes. I went 10 years with only an acoustic guitar, and was fine, then all of a sudden, the GAS hit. Its a freaking sickness I tell ya. It really is. If im not making money with my rig, a touring musician, a constant gigging musician, its not worth the hassle with any of this crap. Just curious if anyone else has felt or feels like this. Am I the only one?

Last edited:
Sold all my tube amp 10 years ago until last year i bought Synergy stuff for "amp in the room" , i like it especially in 4cm with fractal

I will never sell my Marshall JMP-1 and 100/100 power amp. It's my perfect sound and although I have gigged with Fractal products since the Ultra, there is still something special about an excellent tube amp.
I am praying for the day they have the same bounce/bloom/warmth, but even then I'd likely keep my Marshall rig for nostalgia.

I did before I bought my Axe-Fx III. Then I started longing for the AITR air-moving thump from a 100w power amp and a speaker cabinet. It suffices to say that my Fryette 2/90/2 and Boogie mini rectifier cab sate that longing.

Back
Top Bottom