Anyone sell all their tube amps?

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
Genuinely curious.... I've gone back and forth between analog and digital a few times and think I may be settled on digital. I just sold 3 of my 5 tube amps and all of my pedals, to both pay some bills and to get another III, and I don't regret it one bit.

It comes down to one question: what inspires you to PLAY MORE GUITAR? I realized that I was writing and playing the most guitar when I had the III. I think it comes down to convenience, which is a huge factor for me personally. I live in a small apartment, so unpacking and hooking up an amp, load box (headphones) and pedal board with a dozen cables just became a deterrent to be honest.

With the III, having so many pro-grade amp and effects tones with the flip of 1 switch, it almost feels like cheating.

The 2 amps I have left are amazing, but I guess I'll need to see how often I play them, to make a better decision. The GAS is tempting though, as there are a couple more guitars calling my name, which could easily be funded by selling these.

Compared to a lot of guys here, I have a very meager collection of tube amps. (Just 3 different combos; a mid-'60s Fender Deluxe, a Music Man 65 watt 210 from the late '70s, and a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 from the '80s.) None of them have even been plugged into power since I started using the Axe-Fx. Much easier to play at home with good tones, and much easier to carry to gigs. (I run through FOH and a QSC monitor on stage.) I still might sell the Music Man and the Boogie, but I'll keep the Fender for sentimental reasons. I've had that one since I was in about the 6th grade.

I have a Marshall JCM800, a two channel Mesa Triple Recto and a Splawn Quickrod. NONE has been powered up in years....

Yup, sold 3 of them (Mesa mark V, DSL and a bogner shiva) along with two gigantic pedal boards, with midi controlled loops etc. etc.

Still have all the lava patch cables reminding me of the struggle it was to recreate the tone in my head.

Just sold my '73 Marshall but held on to a DSL 40 just in case. Plus the DSL makes for a great amp to use the AxeFx into the FX Loop In as the pre-amp.

Yes. Though, I sold them all long before I got an Axe-Fx. Once I stopped gigging I really had no place, or space, to use 'em.

Yep, sold them all when I got my Axe Fx 2 back in early 2018 - except for one tiny little 2 watt hand wired head. I've had about 40 valve amps over my time and maybe 60 odd pedals. All gone. No regrets and no more pedal and amp GAS!

Everything is gone but my 5150iii, I have it as a back up just in case but I have no cab. All I have used since October is my Axe Fx 3, that is when I got it. I have absolutely no regrets. I have been through many high end tube amps through the years and have never been this satisfied or played this much. As long as I have the money I will never be without a Fractal product 😊

Sold all but one.. After I was able to hear the Axe FX III identically match my #1 Jubilee head I realised I had no need for them all.

Sold;
2 x Marshall Silver Jubilee Heads
1 x Marshall JCM 2000 DSL Head
1 x Marshall Class 5 Head
1 x Marshall Origin Head
1 x Fender Champion 600
A bunch of cabinets of various sizes, speakers and configurations.

Last tube amp I have is a mint condition Fender Supersonic Twin 2x12 Combo that is currently up for sale in Sydney, Australia if anyone knows a buyer ;)
It’s been in storage for several years now and needs a loving home as I can’t see a time I’ll ever use it again.

I have several still. Mostly collector stuff. I guess I will keep them now because I would have to take such a huge hit to sell them. Everybody lowballs, plus packaging and shipping. Might as well keep them. However, I am looking at another one....with an FX loop init. Idk. Just love amps..I guess.

Sold em. Only one I kind of missed was my TC50... until Cliff added the TC100. It's better than the real deal. Meaning it can get the sounds of the real deal, but has additional tweaks you can make to take it just a bit over the edge into the sounds I've been looking for.

Sold several and want to sell the others...hard to get what "I think" they're worth. Still have:
1966 Vox AC50
VHT Pitbull ultralead
Rivera TBR-1SL
1986 100 watt JCM 800
Jackson 2x12 tube combo
Univox tube combo
Kasha rockmod ii preamp
Peavey rockmaster tube preamp
Peavey classic 50/50 tube poweramp

Just love amps..I guess.
Guilty here as well... just don't need a bunch of tube monsters sitting around. I have started looking at the Synergy stuff though... especially now that a Bogner module will be released soon.
:)

Back
Top Bottom