Anyone having the Axe kinda sputtering after editing or

gittarzann

Power User
changing patches. Kinda volume swelling, cutting in and out, for maybe 5-10 seconds.

I haven't exactly nailed it down why it is doing it...whether it is the editor or the axe, but definitely some weird stuff going on.

Kinda freakin' me out....I don't want to have to send it in.

I amon 7.04 if that makes a difference, and I have an early (er) Axe-Fx Ultra.

gittarzann said:
changing patches. Kinda volume swelling, cutting in and out, for maybe 5-10 seconds.

I haven't exactly nailed it down why it is doing it...whether it is the editor or the axe, but definitely some weird stuff going on.

not doing it here. I have a very early ultra and don't use the editor. Have you checked cpu usage?

no not gate....it had moments of going clean on a very high gain patch.

Then the volume would swell up and down slightly.

Power cycle? (i.e., turn it off, leave it for 30 sec and turn it back on)

I've had my Ultra do slightly weird stuff after prolonged editing sessions. Like no sound, some noise, freezing, no lights. I blame the stuff in between. Windows, Java, drivers, midi interface. Power cycle clears everything up. Wipes the buffer clean.

Not doing it here EXCEPT I can get it to do this when INGAIN is set to be controlled by PITCH on the DELAY. It will especially do this when picking lightly... I get loud volume boosts which seems like it's cutting in and out.....

I'm getting a weird sputtering/fizzy background sound on all of my patches, even new ones I've created from the front panel...it sounds like I have single coils in all of my guitars...argh!

SouthernShred said:
I'm getting a weird sputtering/fizzy background sound on all of my patches, even new ones I've created from the front panel...it sounds like I have single coils in all of my guitars...argh!

Are you using global amps? What does your cpu usage look like?

javajunkie said:
SouthernShred said:

Are you using global amps? What does your cpu usage look like?

no global amps, this is just with a simple amp - cab patch...nothing else...I even wiped out all the presets, reloaded firmware, etc...

possibly, but I've ran it in this room, off these outlets and off this power conditioner since last summer with no issues whatsoever

gittarzann said:

What version of the firmware were you on before you upgraded to 7.04?

There have been a bunch of new parameters added to the amp blocks in recent firmware versions that could cause the behavior you cite until after you've reprogrammed them and saved them to memory.
Try changing the Type parameter to a different amp model and then select the model you really want again. That weill load the new default parameters for the new parameters of your preset's amp type.

I believe my problem may have been what dutch suggested.

I haven't had any more problems, and it wasn't directly after upgrading fw. I think maybe my laptop may have been tweaking or something.

Back
Top Bottom