Anybody using pushed low gain amps (eg Deluxe) tried FW 8 yet?

Trazan

Experienced
Something drastically happened from 7 to 8. Really struggling to make the Deluxe, and other similar amps, work now. It's as if there's a compressor with a somewhat slow attack in line. The attack is just....unnatural.

I remember from 6 to 7, some of my patches ended up with the "dynamics" parameter set high, which made them sound extremely unnatural and compressed. Easily solved by turning that parameter back where it belonged. Can't find a way to get back to a more natural, Deluxe-chopped attack this time...(tried resetting amp blocks, loading FW a couple of times)

For now I had to go back to 6, but if anyone know if a certain advanced parameter ended up in a new position or sumthin' I'd like to know! The new Cameron sounded good 8)

Your problem sounds exactly like the "dynamics at 100%" problem I had, though it only appeared when I had a tube drive in front of the amp.

I can't think of any other bullet-proof solution than resetting the amp, but you said you did that... *puzzled*

I had a similar issue with the tube drive when I first switched to 7.0- when using it with an AC30, it'd compress the heck out of the amp, although I think I've concluded that it's just driving the heck out of the amp, and the model isn't misbehaving. I know this isn't helpful to the OP, but the tube drive/vox combo is the only time I experience this.

I played the new Deluxe and a bunch of the Fender amps tonight with 8.00 and didn't notice anything like you're describing. Try a new, fresh preset with just an AMP/CAB perhaps?

Nothing like that here. That new 5E3 is awesome! Other low gain amps seem to play well, too. Sorry you're having trouble.

Posted this in another thread, but might as well add it here since I started this thread:

Here's a clip comparing FW 7 and 8. The differences are much more obvious when playing it, and especially playing it loud. You may notice that FW 8 seems slightly less distorted. Problem is, if I raise the Trim I get more saturation but that smacky attack is still let through. The Deluxe Verb doesn't "chop" the notes any more, like I'm used when using humbuckers with Deluxe. Much more uncomfortable to play, seriously :)

Back
Top Bottom