Anybody like the default presets?

The default Presets for the vintage amps I tried sounded like caca. After I auditioned the 3rd one I realized I was just wasting my time, stopped and wiped out the whole bank and started uploading my own.

These are presets built for use with FRFR systems; I'd suspect they may sound a little weird with a conventional cab (assuming you bypassed the CAB block since you didn't require it for your setup).

I never understood this train of thought. You have 384 user slots! You can arrange them however you wish.

I agree! The other units I've had only allow to save in user slots, Factory slots are ROM , !I prefer the way the ax is layed out ,It's to easy to load presets in and save the ones you don't use ! 384 isn't enough?????

Vintage Fender amps is where I live in the Axe.

I agree they sound killer -- however you need to dial them.

The default Presets for the vintage amps I tried sounded like caca. After I auditioned the 3rd one I realized I was just wasting my time, stopped and wiped out the whole bank and started uploading my own.

I almost have my my all purpose gig Twin/Tweed patch dialed in for single coil guitars -- it is sounding spectacular.

I would love a Bank created by you, that would contain maybe 10-20 presets for the vintage amps that you tweaked to sound good.

Vintage Fender amps is where I live in the Axe.

I agree they sound killer -- however you need to dial them.

I almost have my my all purpose gig Twin/Tweed patch dialed in for single coil guitars -- it is sounding spectacular.

Cool Glad to hear! Last time I used a power amp and speaker was the Ultra and I allways had to add low resonance to my power amp to get the bottom end right! Other than adjusting gain for cleaner tones ,I'm hearing some magic going on in those fenders!

I would love a Bank created by you, that would contain maybe 20 presets for the vintage amps that you tweaked to sound good.

I plan on posting all of my gigging patches when I finalize tweaking them for 11.

I only use 5 presets when I gig -- and that is it -- however I have them configured differently depending on guitar and output.. In reality it is actually 4-- #5 is a wildcard.

This is the way I am organizing this time around

Banks 1-10 FRFR

1-5 Humbucker
6-10 Single coil

Banks 11-20 Real guitar Cab

11-15 Humbucker
16-20 single coil

That is it -- I do not need anything more for what I do. I also have my lab patches (which I do not use at gigs) which could be all original or bastardized versions of patches I downloaded and like some elements of the patch I downloaded. I might incorporate learning into one of the gig presets or swap one out all together.

End of the day I stay away from the fancy stuff. I am just a simple meat and potatoes pub player

Simply put, you have 384 slots to organize however you wish. Adding 10 or 20 more changes nothing. If you want blank slots at the beginning of bank A then clear them out or as you said "remove them". If you want to keep the first 50 or so bank A slots because they are amp specific then put them where you wish. Asking FAS to create 20 blank slots prior to the 384 you already have because you are too lazy to organize your presets makes no sense to me at all. Sorry.

Yes, yes, I am lazy. People who want AE are lazy since we already have a full functioning FP. So are you using the new AE too?
Why you clear out the first 50 presets? Isn't it because it is easier to use? The only difference is you don't care to delete and I want to keep them. And a simple wish got you labeling me as "too lazy"... You sir, I suggest you be open mind. And that will make you make more senses. Cheer.

I agree that 384 potential slots for presents are way more than enough, but I suppose being a newbie to the AFX and not fully understanding the integration with Axe-Edit and how Bot works with the unit has confused me a bit as to how I want to save/arrange/store presets.

With other units I've used in the past where there has been no computer integration, the ROM presents were there all the time and couldn't be imported to the computer, so I'm assuming this is why there were always user slots made available.

So please help me out here... if I download/backup all my banks (A,B,C) from the AFX to my computer using Bot, how do I go about reorganizing entire banks (bank A saved as B, deleting presets #30, 140 and 300 for example, but then not having any gaps and renumbering others to fill the empty slots, etc.) Is that all done using Axe-Edit?? Also, what do I use to organize and maintain my user cab library?

Also, if I have my preset backups... do I have to update those for every FW update made or do those original presets never change and never need updating?

In time, I'm sure I'll learn how to organize all of this to work best for me, but I'm still in the phase of listening to all the presets and finding what I like and experimenting with how FX chains are built and figured that the preset has to be in the AFX in order to listen to them, but then I hear people mentioning "auditioning" presets... how does that work?

I just went through all of the new presets, like I always do on major firmware revisions. I almost never use them for anything related to my own music or bands, but to me it's a good way to experience the changes Cliff made, especially on tones/amps I usually don't use.

To me the presets have never sounded better! Sure, there are tones I don't care for or even dislike, but I can hear the "sonic quality". On some presets I had the impression that even the FX sounded better, perhaps there happened some patch tweaking, too.

I would love a Bank created by you, that would contain maybe 10-20 presets for the vintage amps that you tweaked to sound good.

I'm still using LVC's Dumble clean amp patch from awhile ago. I just changed a few things to work in my environment, other than that I have been very happy with it. I also played with the swart amp at lunch and it sounded awesome.

I like the basic amp stock presets in Bank A for the most part.
Always have.
So far in FW11 they sound great to me.

Not a big fan of some of the presets designed to show off the effects blocks, but still interesting.

So please help me out here... if I download/backup all my banks (A,B,C) from the AFX to my computer using Bot, how do I go about reorganizing entire banks (bank A saved as B, deleting presets #30, 140 and 300 for example, but then not having any gaps and renumbering others to fill the empty slots, etc.) Is that all done using Axe-Edit?? Also, what do I use to organize and maintain my user cab library??

Axe-Manage in Axe-Edit is what you'll use for this. A feature that has yet to be implemented in the new AE3 but I'm sure it will be soon. You will see how easy it is to create, reorganize, and save your own banks.

Also, if I have my preset backups... do I have to update those for every FW update made or do those original presets never change and never need updating??

Only if there are significant updates to the amp models you're using (which I can't see this happening much more) and then it's just a matter of resetting the amp block and dialing it in again.

In time, I'm sure I'll learn how to organize all of this to work best for me, but I'm still in the phase of listening to all the presets and finding what I like and experimenting with how FX chains are built and figured that the preset has to be in the AFX in order to listen to them, but then I hear people mentioning "auditioning" presets... how does that work?

Select a preset on the Axe you don't want/need, upload the preset with Fractal-Bot that location.

I'm still using LVC's Dumble clean amp patch from awhile ago. I just changed a few things to work in my environment, other than that I have been very happy with it. I also played with the swart amp at lunch and it sounded awesome.

the dumble is one of the 5 so is the all purpose twin/tweed patch. I use the twin/tweed patch for the majority of the 45-60 tunes we play at a gig. Currently updated the single coil version. I did not notice any improvements on the OD pedal front. Hopefully for the next update there will more emphasis on the OD pedals.

the dumble is one of the 5 so is the all purpose twin/tweed patch. I use the twin/tweed patch for the majority of the 45-60 tunes we play at a gig. Currently updated the single coil version. I did not notice any improvements on the OD pedal front. Hopefully for the next update there will more emphasis on the OD pedals.

I can't remember what I changed my drive to, but I did have to set the drive hi to get it where I wanted it. It's just an awesome amp and patch LVC. You definitely have the knack for those clean sounds, of course those are in your wheelhouse, so duh...:)

Reactions: LVC
I just have been doing a quick run through of some of the default presets and I am liking them quite a bit , some more than others . Presets / amps whose sonic qualities I did not like before I still don't like but I can hear and feel an improvement.
Some have improved dramatically, to me like WOW the Rectos and Mark amps Ive been blown away by the Recto Modern and USA clean, huge improvements there . One I really used to like got worse , What happened to the Euro Uber ? It got fizzy and some how lifeless hmmmm . I'm sure some adjustments
LVC have you tried the USA clean ? I am initially quite taken with that for a clean tone , I am playing through a EV ZLX 15 p FRFR , if that makes a difference .

I can't remember what I changed my drive to, but I did have to set the drive hi to get it where I wanted it. It's just an awesome amp and patch LVC. You definitely have the knack for those clean sounds, of course those are in your wheelhouse, so duh...:)

Yep -- fender amps have been my thing since I first started playing guitar. First amp I got was a Fender champ (i guess in '70 or '71) that literally blew up on me. I got into dumbles when I first met LC at the Baked Potato in LA in the early 80's. He told me I should get in touch with a cat named Howard dumble if I wanted to get the best amp in the world. Even back then the Amp was still out of my price range.

I did purchase a MusicMan RD-50 that Andy Fuchs 20 some odd years later converted into an ODS for me.

Fmusicman.jpg

I don't know about the factories... I never use them...

but my own presets sang sweet in 11b..
and they sing just the same in 11.0..
awesome stuff... loving it..

Reactions: LVC
Back
Top Bottom