Anybody like the default presets?

I would like to see a user preset bank so we do not have to delete some of the presets in Bank A to fit our custom ones. Even if 20. Cliff? Pleeeeeeese?

+1
Had to spend time to find which to delete when new preset sets are released.

I would like to see a user preset bank so we do not have to delete some of the presets in Bank A to fit our custom ones. Even if 20. Cliff? Pleeeeeeese?

I agree with this. Of the digital modelers and FX units I've used in the past, there have always been the factory banks as well as user banks. When I received my AFX, that was something that I was surprised not to see. I realize that for most, all 384 presets (?) are not useable for all our needs and many can be overwritten or deleted, but I feel that for those that may want to hold on to their entire library of factory presets, there should be a user section of blank banks, or upon saving a change to a factory preset, automatically stores it in a user bank.

To my ears the new stock presets are the best I have heard since the early days of AF2. At least the ones in bank A which are the ones that I auditioned. Running through Matrix and guitar cab.

Cool to hear! While I create my presets from scratch I've found many factory ones that I really liked, and upon exploring some of them I've found interesting tweaks done to the Advanced Parameters that have proven very enlightening. I stumble upon parameter tweaks, and amp/cab combinations that I'd otherwise may not have...can't wait to load up v11 and AxeEdit 3 later on this evening...

My Bank C is where I throw test stuff. I put the FW11 Bank A default presets in Bank C on the Axe. I've been trying them out and they sound great to me. My old presets still sound great too. So no complaints here, just smiles.

I wonder why factory presets for double verb and pretty much all fenders are overdriven. They are like holy grail sparkly clean amps. They are tweaked way different than that on factory presets.

Only overdriven with humbuckers, not single coils. This is mentioned in the wiki. If you need them to be clean with humbuckers, lower the drive settings.

I wonder why factory presets for double verb and pretty much all fenders are overdriven. They are like holy grail sparkly clean amps. They are tweaked way different than that on factory presets.

Don't know why -- I would think that more time would be spent on these types of amps and getting them to sound right.

If the target market is only kids that want to sound like EVH -- fine ,,, but I think nailing the tone and feel of vintage fender amps is what separates the men from the boys in the modeling world and Fractal nails it big time -- unfortunately the demo patches don't. You just have to create the patch from scratch yourself and dial it in properly.

I never understood this train of thought. You have 384 user slots! You can arrange them however you wish.

Yep

I blank out Bank A and use it only for my presets and work in progress
Bank B I setup all of the amps by manufacturer and Model (Fender Twin, Deluxe etc)
Bank C I don't even use.

I never understood this train of thought. You have 384 user slots! You can arrange them however you wish.

Well, yes, but you had to clean up some space first. And they are probably all around in different banks locations. To gather them together will take some effort even using AE. So I think it will be nice if we could have even just 10 continuous blank presets to start from.

I actually really enjoyed the 11.0 factory presets in bank A so far (got through to #47.. getting stuck noodling occasionally).
I don't think I've tried them since 10.x and I was playing through headphones. Something in the attack of the tone made me happy.

Well, yes, but you had to clean up some space first. And they are probably all around in different banks locations. To gather them together will take some effort even using AE. So I think it will be nice if we could have even just 10 continuous blank presets to start from.

I use the first 50 of bank A for my presets. I use the remaining 78 on bank A for presets I download or test from other users. My bank B is the FAS bank A download. My bank C is a combo of FAS banks B &C that I like. It's not rocket science. If they added 20 more blank slots that would simply mean we have 404 user slots. I guarantee you if they did it wouldn't be 2 minutes before we got posts like... "why didn't FAS fill out all the slots. Why did they leave 20 empty?

You can easily fool yourself if you want. Just delete the first 20. :)

It is so easy to save and recall presets both in hardware and using the BOT now that none of this should be an issue.

For me These are the best sounding Factory Presets yet ! I'm quite impressed with them! I've already found quite a few I could gig with( for the first time)with little to no tweaking and be very happy!
Nothing about it sounds thin at all ! Lows are more defined, highs are sweeter ! I 'm LOVING IT!!! So far playing Through my Studio Monitors and CLR something special in there that wasn't before!!

Only overdriven with humbuckers, not single coils. This is mentioned in the wiki. If you need them to be clean with humbuckers, lower the drive settings.
Or drop the input trim to 550 0r so, lowering MV or MV trim will do it too!

I use the first 50 of bank A for my presets. I use the remaining 78 on bank A for presets I download or test from other users. My bank B is the FAS bank A download. My bank C is a combo of FAS banks B &C that I like. It's not rocket science. If they added 20 more blank slots that would simply mean we have 404 user slots. I guarantee you if they did it wouldn't be 2 minutes before we got posts like... "why didn't FAS fill out all the slots. Why did they leave 20 empty?

You can easily fool yourself if you want. Just delete the first 20. :)

It is so easy to save and recall presets both in hardware and using the BOT now that none of this should be an issue.

The first 40 presets actually are amp presets which I always come back to check. So I had to find space else where. I don't think we need to add more slots. Just remove some presets maybe? Yes, you will always get complains whatever you did. But that should not be the reason not to do things which make more senses.

I think especially the vintage amps (particularly the early fender types) sound marvellous. Use a strat or roll back the volume of a humbucker guitar and you are done. Next to no tweaking necessary with the stock presets.

Try overdriving the 59 bassman with an eternal love in front. You'll be blown away - and my guitar cab doesn't even sport a fancy speaker, just some crappy China V30.

The first 40 presets actually are amp presets which I always come back to check. So I had to find space else where. I don't think we need to add more slots. Just remove some presets maybe? Yes, you will always get complains whatever you did. But that should not be the reason not to do things which make more senses.

Simply put, you have 384 slots to organize however you wish. Adding 10 or 20 more changes nothing. If you want blank slots at the beginning of bank A then clear them out or as you said "remove them". If you want to keep the first 50 or so bank A slots because they are amp specific then put them where you wish. Asking FAS to create 20 blank slots prior to the 384 you already have because you are too lazy to organize your presets makes no sense to me at all. Sorry.

I'm glad we don't have a blank bank....sometimes there's a gem hidden in the middle of presets that don't work for our individual needs/tastes. It's so easy to move presets around or delete them that I don't understand the heartburn.
The biggest reason some people like (or even love) the presets and for others they sound like crap is because we have such diverse setups. I was disappointed with the presets until I bought a RCF monitor. Just like with tube amps, the speakers we use, the guitars we use and to a huge degree the way we hit the strings makes a TON of difference in the tone. We used to practice in some storage units (who hasn't?) and one day a guy from another band wants to try out my rig w/ his Les Paul. It sounded thin and weak...I was VERY freaked out until I strapped on the Paul and hit the strings. There was the beef and aggression I had dialed in. I still can't believe that with the exact same setup, just our playing style made a HUGE tonal difference.

Vintage Fender amps is where I live in the Axe.

I agree they sound killer -- however you need to dial them.

The default Presets for the vintage amps I tried sounded like caca. After I auditioned the 3rd one I realized I was just wasting my time, stopped and wiped out the whole bank and started uploading my own.

I almost have my my all purpose gig Twin/Tweed patch dialed in for single coil guitars -- it is sounding spectacular.

I think especially the vintage amps (particularly the early fender types) sound marvellous. Use a strat or roll back the volume of a humbucker guitar and you are done. Next to no tweaking necessary with the stock presets.

Try overdriving the 59 bassman with an eternal love in front. You'll be blown away - and my guitar cab doesn't even sport a fancy speaker, just some crappy China V30.

Back
Top Bottom