Anybody like the default presets?

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
I cleaned everything out -- loaded new presets -- first ones I sampled sound like ... well I will try and be diplomatic and just say they do not sound so good.

anybody else?

I don't care much for the default presets. They need a lot of tweaking before they sound to my liking. However, I do learn a lot from the routings and the effects used so I would not say they are useless. It is so easy to build a patch from scratch these days.

Perhaps it's because I play out of stereo 4*12 mesa cabs versus monitors but the patches were all much better for me when I upgraded. Everything is louder and a little brighter. The sound is just all around better for me.

Quite strange indeed. As I said in another thread the Das Metal patch has blown my mind and "the brown sound"'is better than ever!

Basically -- thin -- tinny -- just poor quality all around. Sounded like a modeler. LOL

I just blanked out bank one (using the Blank_blank.syx file) and I am going to start loading some of my old presets and see what happens.

The difference between 11b and 11 Release is very minor in terms of basic amp sound. If you were running 11b before and now it doesn't sound right then something is not set up correctly.

I'm hearing more saturation in my patches with FW11. (updated from 10.12) Is this true or are my ears just bonkers from lack of sleep?

Well I am talking about the default presets I uploaded.

I just blanked out the bank and I am uploading some of my gig presets (that I fine tuned in 11b) -- we shall see.

However, I auditioned a few presets in the new bank A and stopped because they did not sound so good. Will report back in a few. I had the axe in 11b humming like a finely tuned NASCAR Engine!

Was going to check them out. Used the bot to upload bank A to 128+ and all of them have a blip of sound then nothing. Noticed the input drive is 0 for each preset.

I've tried 4-5 so far and they sound really good. Gtr-Axe-Stereo Clr's-(FxL output 2 to Mesa Rect-2x12 Cab). Nice thick crunch. Not thin or brittle at all.

Was going to check them out. Used the bot to upload bank A to 128+ and all of them have a blip of sound then nothing. Noticed the input drive is 0 for each preset.

That is not normal. Download them again and reload using Bot.

The difference between 11b and 11 Release is very minor in terms of basic amp sound. If you were running 11b before and now it doesn't sound right then something is not set up correctly.

It is the factory presets.

Loaded up some of my presets and they sounded awesome. Minor tweaking needed on the delay and reverb for my basic clean -- have not tackled the drives yet.

Major sigh of relief!

My recommendation for future releases and bank updates.

Give an alternatives "Bank A, B and C -- Bank A Leave blank Bank B load with the amps (by maker and model) Bank C a good mix of well designed presets that show different layouts and uses of effects (no need for fancy tone of the stars stuff) - just functionality highlights. Of course you still give users the option to load up the traditional banks (if they so want it).

Just a thought.

I don't even bother with them, I simply create my own I really believe that s the way to go. For those who don't have allot of experience making their own presets now is the best time to start. You'll love it because you will learn allot along the way to your perfect tone.

I don't even bother with them, I simply create my own I really believe that s the way to go. For those who don't have allot of experience making their own presets now is the best time to start. You'll love it because you will learn allot along the way to your perfect tone.

I don't either -- however I always like to check them out to see if there is one or two that blow my hair back. I would rather see a bank with the "best of the best" that are designed to teach and show functionality.

I would like to see a user preset bank so we do not have to delete some of the presets in Bank A to fit our custom ones. Even if 20. Cliff? Pleeeeeeese?

Back
Top Bottom