Anybody know what date Atomic is up to on CLR wait list?

On Friday, I accidentally sent out a double batch of invites. A big response was almost immediate and the reserve to purchase ration has been very high. This has been keeping us VERY busy but all orders are still being processed within our 3 business day window described in the invitation email.

CLRs normally ship same or next day depending on when we get the invite but occasionally things like this happen.

After a long time on the reserve list I can understand the desire to get your CLRs ASAP. We will work as hard as we can to get them out as fast as we can. We are now back to our same or next day goal.

Thanks, guys!

-TK

Tom sent me a nice email lsat night and got the tracking # going shortly after. Should ship out today. Thanks Tom for the customer service.

Now the long wait for Monday starts...

Tom....any chance as you are checking into this thread you can let us know where you are (date) on the list, and/or what the schedule looks like? Thanks.

My pair of active wedges are sitting with Canada customs right now....so close i can taste it. Hopefully not too long of a hang up with customs.

Whoo-hoo! UPS giveth a gift. We'll see if it arrives in one piece ;).

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:Friday, 07/19/2013, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:Monday, 07/22/2013, By End of Day

Playing the most technically perfect mix you can think of ( to your own ears ) will show you that they are NOT boomy... I don't think I've ever hear a wedge sound that good... Seriously...

How about just creating a preset and playing guitar instead of a CD? How about a really clean amp (twin would be good - bright off), cab and some reverb -- without any advanced EQ tweaks or blocks.

If you do not find that bass heavy -- great. Everybody has different tastes.

If you have to start knocking down EQ bands to normalize the cab for guitar then would you agree that the cab was a little bass heavy to begin with?

Not saying that is a bad thing. For some styles of music that is actually a major benefit.

When the kids borrow my car they bump up the bass in the stereo because that is what they are use to hearing -- drives me crazy to say the least.

How about just creating a preset and playing guitar instead of a CD? How about a really clean amp (twin would be good - bright off), cab and some reverb -- without any advanced EQ tweaks or blocks.

If you have to start knocking down EQ bands to normalize the cab for guitar then would you agree that the cab was a little bass heavy to begin with?

Not saying that is a bad thing. For some styles of music that is actually a major benefit.

When the kids borrow my car they bump up the bass in the stereo because that is what they are use to hearing -- drives me crazy to say the least.

Why is it "instead of"? Shouldn't a good FRFR solution be "and" if it's working properly and a modeler is accurate?

From everything I've read of your comments, it seems you are coming at it from wanting a live amp sound and feel.... Which is totally cool... There's no right or wrong, only what's right for YOU.

If you create a tone on a real Fender Twin, and EQ it to your taste, it will sound just like you like it in the room. Now, if you bring that same amp into me in a big studio to record it, I'm going to listen to it in the context of the band... With bass, drums, and vocals, it's entirely possible, that the level of low end in your tone, while it may sound perfect for you, may be too much to fit in with the bass and the kick... The live world and recording world, may require different EQ.

Here's where, it seems, your ideal tone, the CLR differ. In real amp and speaker ( such as a Celestion Vintage 30), the frequency response is listed as 70-5000hz, so there is not much frequency information above ~5000hz, or much below 70... It is naturally rolled off, because the speaker is not a full range speaker. So, in a FRFR speaker, such as the CLR, which is designed to reproduce more of the full audible frequency range, you may have to roll off the frequencies above 5k and below 70hz to get it to sound "natural" to your ears. If you are trying to MIMIC. (. ;-). ) a real amp, you need to limit the frequency range going to your FRFR.

The problem, is that the AxeFX II is ABLE to create frequency information across the full frequency spectrum... As in the synth patches...

Even though you do these things, it *may not* sound like a natural amp to YOUR ears, and that's ok too.. It just means that what works best for YOU, might be a real power amp and cab... To each his own.. There's no right and wrong, only what works best for each person...

In real amp and speaker ( such as a Celestion Vintage 30), the frequency response is listed as 70-5000hz, so there is not much frequency information above ~5000hz, or much below 70... It is naturally rolled off, because the speaker is not a full range speaker. So, in a FRFR speaker, such as the CLR, which is designed to reproduce more of the full audible frequency range, you may have to roll off the frequencies above 5k and below 70hz to get it to sound "natural" to your ears. If you are trying to MIMIC. (. ;-). ) a real amp, you need to limit the frequency range going to your FRFR.

Great analysis. I see you're an engineer? Do you do that with yours? Are the controls for that in the amp section?

On some of the amps and cab combinations, yes... you can go in the cab block and go to the page with "HICUT FREQ" and roll it back to what sounds good to your ears... it can also help to get rid of the "Fizz" that some here talk about...

What reserve dates has been shipped this week-I know I'm close and Today is pay day?-So it would be good timing for me? (I mean Today-Right Now)-Before I spend this money.lol

Back
Top Bottom