Anybody Else Having Big Latency Problems in Live Mode?

Mott

Experienced
Stand Alone Version--pretty significant delay at any Asio buffer size below those "too small for the current USB streaming mode". I've always been fine with my DAW's with 1024 or 2048. I even reinstalled the Fractal driver to see if that helped. It didn't.

Using Windows 7 with HP Touchsmart PC. Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz Processor with 10 GB Ram

Once again, I'm experiencing similar issues. I'm hoping that it's just a setting in the AxeFXII. Of course there will be some sort of latency involved due to the signal path live mode invokes.

Same here. But I use the looper block to dial in a mix anyway. Then send it to the Axe for further play testing.

Yep, I'm struggling with it as well. Something else that is weird is that even with a single IR loaded it sounds like arse. I must have something set wrong, but I went through all the menus. And finally, when I closed CL3 my sound went away and the only way to get it back was to reboot my axe II. Not sure if that's a bug or intentional.

Edit: if I hit bypass before closing, the sound doesn't go away. But it does go from complete yuk, to normal greatness. Something weird is a-going on here.

Last edited:
What I've been doing is use the Live mode for rough tweaks and then send it to scratchpad (use the EZ setup which works great) and then take it out of live mode to really hear what it sounds like in the cab block. It's not perfect, but if you think about what is happening in Live mode the fact that it's this good is pretty damn impressive.

If you're are connected to the Axe-Fx putting it in Live Mode should automatically bypass the Cab block.

Cliff, that's not happening for me. I have to manually disable the cab block in either AxeEdit or via the front panel.

Using both Axe-Edit and Cab Lab simultaneously might be responsible. Try with some different presets too.

Using both Axe-Edit and Cab Lab simultaneously might be responsible. Try with some different presets too.

I closed down everything and then re-opened CabLab only and tried several presets as well, but the problem still persists. I'll keep trying things and see if I can get it working.

Yep, cab block not disabled here. And is anyone else having to connect their Axe-FX every time you open Cab Lab? Not sure if it is supposed to automatically recall that after the first time chosen or not.

Regarding the latency, I found changing the buffer settings in the FASUSBAudio Control Panel eliminates it entirely.

Is this on Windows? Is there a Mac equivalent?

Thanks,
D

Yes, Windows. It's installed along with drivers when installing the AxeFX driver package. Unfortunately, I'm unable to tell you if it's included with the Mac drivers as well.

Regarding the latency, I found changing the buffer settings in the FASUSBAudio Control Panel eliminates it entirely.

Yes, there's a control panel and I think it defaults to something like "safe" or something like that. If you change it to "Standard" or one of the other more aggressive settings it will get rid of the latency.

Yes, there's a control panel and I think it defaults to something like "safe" or something like that. If you change it to "Standard" or one of the other more aggressive settings it will get rid of the latency.
That fixed it. Damn this is good.

Back
Top Bottom