Any word of a new AX8?

I dont think anyone expects the AX3 full floor package

It will likely incorporate things from the 3 like color displays or layouts from the FCs but yes i think if people are expecting to chain 5 cloud verbs
W multi delays and pitch and 2 amp blocks it will run out of CPU
It wont be a 3
Why wouldn't you expect it? Who is Fractal's #1 competitor in regard to sales? Probably Line 6. Think about the Helix rack and foot controller. Does it have an all in one option - sure - the Helix floor. Kemper doesn't but I bet they are working on one too.

Why wouldn't you expect it? Who is Fractal's #1 competitor in regard to sales? Probably Line 6. Think about the Helix rack and foot controller. Does it have an all in one option - sure - the Helix floor. Kemper doesn't but I bet they are working on one too.

Totally different in regard to processing power. Plus I don't think there is any competition sales wise. Tones, yes, sales, no.

Edit - I meant Fractal tones are arguably better, sales not so much.

Helix (both rack and floor) has the same chipset of the ax8, so we could see it the other way around: their rack unit is dumbed down to have the same features and processing power of their floor unit.

If fractal just puts out a floor version of the axe fx III it would cost almost like an axe III + FC and that would make them lose a lot of potential buyers for the price alone.
Not everybody can spill 3000$ for a modeler, but a lot more people can buy it for 1000-1500$.

Helix (both rack and floor) has the same chipset of the ax8, so we could see it the other way around: their rack unit is dumbed down to have the same features and processing power of their floor unit.

If fractal just puts out a floor version of the axe fx III it would cost almost like an axe III + FC and that would make them lose a lot of potential buyers for the price alone.
Not everybody can spill 3000$ for a modeler, but a lot more people can buy it for 1000-1500$.

Exactly its not that it couldnt be done
But it could not be done at the Helix pricing or anywhere close IMO

No judgement with this question. I'm just curious: Does the desire for an AX3 or something similar (smaller) have to do with acquiring something more affordable? Or is it purely a desire for something smaller, more compact?

Could be a combo of these, I'm sure. I just find the AX8 to be mighty small as it is. Especially compared to my traditional pedalboard.

I just sold my AX8 because I was worried about the AX6/AX12 coming out and value dropping. LOL. (just guessing here!)

But looking at the FC6 and FC12 pedals it is pretty easy to see the next gen AX? fitting in a similar footprint.

I just sold my AX8 because I was worried about the AX6/AX12 coming out and value dropping. LOL. (just guessing here!)

But looking at the FC6 and FC12 pedals it is pretty easy to see the next gen AX? fitting in a similar footprint.

I agree i think it will be a AX6
Based around the FC6

They won't announce or "leak" anything until a few hours after Kemper announces their pedalboard-format Kemper player.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSP
No judgement with this question. I'm just curious: Does the desire for an AX3 or something similar (smaller) have to do with acquiring something more affordable? Or is it purely a desire for something smaller, more compact?

Could be a combo of these, I'm sure. I just find the AX8 to be mighty small as it is. Especially compared to my traditional pedalboard.

For me, I just want something super compact. Not to replace my rig, but to give me a quick grab-and-go for jams and rehearsals. My AX8 is attached to a much larger board so I’m comparing to a heavy pedalboard rig, not just the AX8. I could always get a second AX8 for grab and go, but I don’t need the amp knobs or nearly as many footswitches. 3-4 would be great for my purpose. So maybe an “AX4” or “AX6”.

An “AX12” would also be useful if it came with a much more powerful DSP.

My guess is either something to rival the Stomp and/or a new floor unit, like the Ax8 is to the Axe FX ii

The II has run its course and the Ax8 appears to be in autumn or winter of its development so it makes sense to bring a new unit based on the III

Time will tell, and I'm really keen to see whatever comes out of the Fractal skunworks

I agree i think it will be a AX6
Based around the FC6
I hope not. I own a FC6, a FC12, and an AX8. While the FC6 is indeed a very powerful unit for a 6 button unit, I found it to be quite limiting compared to the 11 button AX8. There was a lot more pedal dancing required to make Axe FX III do the same things that I do with an AX8. Something like a FC12 would be more than equal to the task.

I hope not. I own a FC6, a FC12, and an AX8. While the FC6 is indeed a very powerful unit for a 6 button unit, I found it to be quite limiting compared to the 11 button AX8. There was a lot more pedal dancing required to make Axe FX III do the same things that I do with an AX8. Something like a FC12 would be more than equal to the task.
+1. I wouldn't want to switch to a 6-button pedal. I don't like the idea of having to use hold functions mid-song... I don't use it on the AX8, wouldn't want to on a new unit. FAS have done amazing things to make it workable, but it's still too limiting for me. A 12 would be much more desirable.

Back
Top Bottom