Any word of a new AX8?

Maybe a "Custom Shop" reissue of the AX8 (with a gold badge on it or something?) would satisfy those keen on perpetual upgrading. Mine still sounds great and doesn't appear to be wearing out. I do have to adjust the fragile harmonics in the Dumble model, but that's probably due to hearing vagaries, or because I don't change strings as often as would be prudent.

Being new here, I thought for a week or two that something was in the works--was a little bit bummed since just started with mine, but then decided I wouldn't upgrade right now anyway. AX-8 does everything I need it to do.

Now that I realize it is standard forum happenings, it is funny to see the new firmware/model questions/speculation almost daily.

Being new here, I thought for a week or two that something was in the works--was a little bit bummed since just started with mine, but then decided I wouldn't upgrade right now anyway. AX-8 does everything I need it to do.

Now that I realize it is standard forum happenings, it is funny to see the new firmware/model questions/speculation almost daily.

Yes, and the frequency usually increases, such as just now with AX8 being close to four years old as a product.

I think you will have a good idea
Depending on if there is a final firmware amnounced for AX8 like the
AX2

My guess was sometimr in Q2
After the FC list has been fulfilled or reduced considerably
And the AX2 is a completed product

I do not own an AX8, HX Stomp, Kemper or Tube Amp. I need something soon. AX8 is currently out of stock. Most of my favorite bands use Fractal AXEIII. I just need a pedal board friendly unit that sounds great through my PA. I really hope Fractal updates the AX8 to the scaled down version of the AXEIII operating system and firmware. I know as soon as I buy something, Fractal will issue the new system. So I am holding out to buy my first modeler.

I do not own an AX8, HX Stomp, Kemper or Tube Amp. I need something soon. AX8 is currently out of stock. Most of my favorite bands use Fractal AXEIII. I just need a pedal board friendly unit that sounds great through my PA. I really hope Fractal updates the AX8 to the scaled down version of the AXEIII operating system and firmware. I know as soon as I buy something, Fractal will issue the new system. So I am holding out to buy my first modeler.

If that’s all it takes , I hope you buy something SOON , so a new floor unit like the III comes out.

I think everyone is dreaming! The AX8 wasn't close to the II for processing power, what makes anyone think the new AX??? with be close to the III? With space limitations it's just not possible. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it, the III still has to use a fan for cooling. Here's an idea, buy a huge pedalboard, lay an AFXIII and FC6 on the board and bam!! You have an AFXIII floor unit. .

Yes I would not expect the next AX8 to be an AFXIII, more like a 1.5x AX8 thanks for faster DSPs and more memory but same price range thanks to component price decreases (one DSP dedicated to amps/cab, one to effects is fine). Memory is suddenly becoming cheap 2019.

I love my AX8 but honestly it's always been a bit underpowered in the CPU dept. It was a big horsepower drop from the II.

That said, I don't personally need anywhere near the capability of the III! I just want a floor unit with more power than AX-8.

I dont think anyone expects the AX3 full floor package

It will likely incorporate things from the 3 like color displays or layouts from the FCs but yes i think if people are expecting to chain 5 cloud verbs
W multi delays and pitch and 2 amp blocks it will run out of CPU
It wont be a 3

Back
Top Bottom