Any strap lock recommendations?

SJB

Inspired
Hi Folks-
I'm shopping for strap lock systems for the first time in a very long time - anyone have favorites? Any strong recommendations?

I'm all ears (except for high mids that are a little unresponsive).
Steve

I copied Dean Parks and use the orange washers from Grolsch beer bottles.

I also noticed one of the guys from That Pedal Show on YouTube also uses them.

I have used them for years, they have never failed on many different guitars with different styles of strap button.

You put on the strap then stretch the washer over the strap button to hold the strap on.

long time schaller user here. dimarzios always clanking on the guitar, drives me crazy. just need to make sure the screw is in there tight. new ones come with longer screws. bought a few knock offs from ebay, while they work, they are no way the same quality as the schallers.

Reactions: SJB
Schallers work for me, although they do rattle when recording. Dunlops stand out further from the guitar body, which alters the position slightly, and makes me worried about the extra leverage on the wood. I don't like the buckle type strap because it can knock against the body and damage the finish. Rubber washers and permanent screws are OK if you don't remove the strap when you put the guitar in its case. So having dissed them all I'd still rather use locks than have a strap come off

I've got Schallers and Dunlop/Grovers and prefer the later just because I can use the screws from the original strap pins.

For a long time, I've used Schaller strap locks on all my instruments. I have never dropped an instrument or had a problem with the strap lock. It's pretty cheap insurance. I use the stock instrument strap button screw when installing, and it's always worked just fine, so if I ever sell an instrument, I can just reinstall the original buttons.

I switched Too Schallers about a year ago, Previously had dunlops on everything. Neither have failed me. I just found that the Schallers are easier on my hands than the dunlops are due to having arthritis.

Back
Top Bottom