Any idea where to buy a 7 pin midi cable for a decent price?

Trainwreck1446

Experienced
I am looking to replace one just for home use. Anyone know of one of those places to get cables on the cheap that would have this? Thanks.

Cat5e or 6 cable (flexible type) and Rean NYS323 7-pin DIN connectors. That are the plugs best-tronics use, don't know about the cable. Oh, and some soldering skills.

Easiest get some of that pre-made Cat cable with RJ45 connectors attached and just clip off the RJ45s. Meterware cables are mostly for install, very inflexible with solid cores, and you never know what stiffness you get. Anyone want some 18ft Unitronic network cable? Very strong and very stiff.
Anyway. The pre-mades are more flexible and mine has stranded cores in the wires. Only minus is it has a bit of a thin skin. I got me a 90ft cable for like €57, with about €2,24 per plug: Dätwyler Netwerkkabel RJ45 CAT 5e Blauw 30 m in de Conrad online shop. I can cut it up in loads of cables of different lengths. Like 2x 24ft and 4x 9-ft. I usually don't stray that far from the Axe, so I think I'll do 3x20ft, some 9 and some 6 feet cables.

I would have gone with best-tronics, but the shipping killed it. And I'm pretty good with a gun. Soldering gun...

if it happens to be a 7pin to 5 pin with the 9vdc jack (like for Rocktron stuff) I have a few extras.....

I ended up getting one. Initially the ones I had seen were like $40-$60, so I was trying another route. Didn't see that Hosa cable on Sweetwater though. Haha. Thinking of ditching the GCP Pro altogether and just having patch changes to click automatically live. Anyone try this?

Back
Top Bottom