Another V10 Preview II

The axe has a characteristic smooth, fat, bottom end that seems to be ever-present in all of the amp models. It sounds flipping good, so I've never felt inclined to try to dial it out. The first half has this characteristic, so I'm 99.9% sure that its the axe.

Tone is stellar. I have an early JCM800 and that is spot on.

What impressed me the most though is the gtr volume roll back and roll up. If you are making the small change in gtr volume I think you are making, that blows my mind.

Richard

Is this early JCM800 the same that is modeled in the current released firmware?

the first part sounds a bit sweeter and with more punch... I love it. Hope it is the axe

The two are very close. I slightly like the second clip better but would be happy with either. Great work!

To tell you the truth.....the Axe sounds this good to me already without V10. It has for a longtime...since 7.0

My first amp was a JCM 800 Combo in 1982 no Master volume. Sound engineers hated it live! It was so loud and bright. Couldn't get a good warm clean tone at low volume. Can't believe how its come so far now to be able to get the Cranked Master at low volume and I really like the fact i'll be able to get that sound again.. This truly is a technical creative marvel and we live in exciting times. Thanks to Cliff and FAS for unprecedented contribution to tonal Nirvana!!

James

We're cork-sniffing in digital...ha ha!

By the smidgen of a nano-hair, I like the second one better - this is cool.

Sounds great Cliff. I can appreciate all the more that tone matching matches the source amp as close as possible and not so much of which one sounds better. Any ETA on 10 yet?

MIMIC isn't tone matching. That clip isn't tone matched. That's the stock model. MIMIC analyzes the actual amp and corrects the internal model based on measured differences.

... excuse me while I nonchalantly insert my left foot into my mouth... :p All the more impressive then. So it also still begs the question regarding ETA. Any idea?

Listening to this through Adam A3X monitors and I hear no difference.

Back
Top Bottom