Another Preview

Sounds awesome!!!

Just so I have a reference point, Cliff you did not "Tone Match" this right? You used the Plexi Treble in v7 go capture the "feel" of that particular amp?

My point is that if folks think the EQ should be different, etc. they'll be able to tweak until their hearts are content, using this amp as a base.

Any chance you could bundle this patch and the AC-DC one into the V7 release? Yaknoww, as a little extra icing on the V7 cake - just a thought!

Damn, Cliff that sounds great! You've nailed Eddie's "growl", which is the key to that sound.

What guitar and pickup did you use for this recording?

I used a PRS Custom24 with stock pickups. I find the pickups too hot and compressed for VH but that's the only guitar I have without broken strings at the moment.

Can we get this man some strings ?!? First, it was a wayward Badger, now it's strings :lol

Awesome work. Can't wait for 7.0.

I honestly cannot remember the last time that I actually broke a string. Maybe 20+ years ago?? Maybe you need to ditch the Heavy picks....? Loose the "slinky" strings....? Graph tech nut.... (or nice filing) Bridge saddles = same thing. (maybe get some "Nut Sauce) http://www.zzounds.com/item--BIBGRVLBR No sharp spots on either - It's all in the "dynamics" Cliff.

Take your guitars (all but one -> the PRS 24) give them to your local tech (trade him an AXFXII for lifetime setups and pick up changes etc. - he should jump at it - or just give him some of the $$ you got from us... (LOL)) have a consult and tell him you are breaking strings often (to the point only one has a full set). Give him a few weeks with the first batch. Then pick em up and hand over the last one that you kept. Have him set it up and dress it correctly. Take it home. Lighten up on the pick death strangle grip, if you are not already using them, try a 10 gauge set, (I like custom gauged with a little heavier on the bottom 3. I like the tone and feel of this solid Nickle set in particular, http://www.juststrings.com/ghs-r-plus-ejl.html and if you are a busy guy (Yes you are) these are great as they last longer and have a bit fatter bottom strings (.052 vs. .050) , which I like on certain guitars http://www.juststrings.com/elx-12077.html
but there are sooo many choices and preferences. loosen up your grip on that plectrum (this may take some time and you may initially drop a few picks). Delicacy here is where tone all begins. Never lock down on that pick. FEEL IT. Once you master the light grip, you can go with a heavy plectrum if it's your thing. Some guys around hear even use stone, shell, metals, etc.. But, they have mastered the light touch and even they rarely break strings.
Once you have done the above .....forget about breaking your strings. It should not be a regular thing where all but one of your guitars have broken strings.

Spoken with love man.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to ditch the Heavy picks....? [...] Spoken with love man.
In your usual honest and "humble" opinion, you might add...? :roll

Who's saying he broke his own strings? Or even by playing the guitar?
Are you sure he uses heavy picks? And so what if he does?

The only time I've broken strings is from doing huge bends. Nothing to do with picks.
There are probably still more factors.

In your usual honest and "humble" opinion, you might add...? :roll

Who's saying he broke his own strings? Or even by playing the guitar?
Are you sure he uses heavy picks? And so what if he does?

The only time I've broken strings is from doing huge bends. Nothing to do with picks.
There are probably still more factors.

Lighten up, Francis. 8)

@ vAmp. I guess you don't understand that those were questions and not statements. The use of this symbol ?, indicated that the preceding sentence was in fact a question.
I don't attack my hero, I do however offer my experience, of which that post was filled with. If Cliff finds my statement offensive (which he shouldn't) he is a big boy and will tell me off himself.

BTW vAmp, have you tried the "Nut Sauce" which I linked above, being the huge bend guy that you are? Maybe even you will break a few less strings.
Peace

Sorry, I don't lighten up when I see the continual bragging & subtle belittleing vs Cliff (or others) from day one.
He's about the only guy that I would send off to a pissing match with Jay Mitchell... *and* see standing a chance of winning!!! :eek:
This all in my honest and humble opinion of course... :D
Opens pity threads for his operations but calls others "frustrated perhaps?"... The world is a mirror indeed ;)
If you answer someone's honest question with multiple attempts of belittleing them, that tells me a lot about somebody.
Could give endless examples...

Brag less and show more :)

Back
Top Bottom