Another Preview

Damn! Mean Street and Unchained are benchmark tones. Getting the tone is tough enough, now your getting the grind Eddie got in those sessions.

I used to wonder where the limits of Axe development would be, now I sit back and enjoy the ride.

Sounds great and Plexi Treble is an amp I like a lot. Any chance that we get a jumped plexi ? 7.0 looks like there is some great stuff coming. I love this product...

Pretty good, but might it nevertheless be that there is a somehow 'scratchy' edge to it, or is it just my ageing ears? To me it sounds not really as smooth as the original.

guitardoc said:
Pretty good, but might it nevertheless be that there is a somehow 'scratchy' edge to it, or is it just my ageing ears? To me it sounds not really as smooth as the original.

The original recording has a lot of lows removed on the guitar. Cliffs clip would not showcase the detail in the 'grind' if it were eq'd to fit in the mix like the original recording.

Just went back and listened to it on YouTube and that was spot on. I'm personally not a fan of that tone, but that is the tone matched perfectly. Thanks for getting us excited. This is good stuff.

Beyond the "tone", the breakup sounds spot on, and after all that is always the knock on digital. We are creeping towards perfection.

Yes, the breakup is really similar, but the tone (EQ) is not quite there. The original is more scooped and clear, Cliff's clip is a bit mushy and dull in comparison. Of course the original is played with way more attitude, too, it's the ole mean Eddie. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom