Another piezo acoustic sound clip

Hiya!!

I wanted to record something to show my new acoustic sound, so i composed this little piece. I hope you will forgive all the mistakes (i could not remember my own song, so a few bits are improvised, pure luck that sounded well) and the poor execution, but i can honestly say that i was too excited to play!! in my headphones the sound was incredibly close to a real acoustic!!!

I can see now it has too much reverb, sorry about that. Anyway, i hope you like it.

Last edited:
Sounds very good. Which Parker guitar are you using? Are you using a tone match IR? Tell us more, tell us more.

Hiya!!

I wanted to record something to show my new acoustic sound, so i composed this little piece. I hope you will forgive all the mistakes (i could not remember my own song, so a few bits are improvised, pure luck that sounded well) and the poor execution, but i can honestly say that i was too excited to play!! in my headphones the sound was incredibly close to a real acoustic!!!

I can see now it has too much reverb, sorry about that. Anyway, i hope you like it.

Nice 'blackbird' like piece, killer sound. How about the detail of how you got the sound, and what piezo you're playing.

Thanks.

Hello!!!

Im glad you like it ;) im really loving this sound, because in order to buy my axe-fx II i had to sell my axe standard and a Takamine acoustic that i absolutely loved :(

I used a parker fly mojo with piezo and a acoustic recording to Tonematch it. In the patch i am using a Tube Pre, but it sounds really good without the amp sim too, maybe less warm, but its better for strumming.
I recorded this little bit today, with a lot less reverb it sounds more convincing :)

I like the acoustic tone, AND I like your electric solo tone even better! That's a great sound and I'd love if you shared that patch!

I like the acoustic tone, AND I like your electric solo tone even better! That's a great sound and I'd love if you shared that patch!

Weeee, yes!!! Im happy you liked that tone because i could not stop playing with it for the whole evening :)
Its a tonematched tone from John Mayer blended with factory cabs/mics. With a strato it sounds amazing! when i did this little demo i recorded the guitar with a humbucker equipped guitar, so its a little bit darker than with the strato, but still has great sustain and it "sings" a lot :)

Tomorrow i will backup the patch and cab so i can post it here.

Cheers guys!

Weeee, yes!!! Im happy you liked that tone because i could not stop playing with it for the whole evening :)
Its a tonematched tone from John Mayer blended with factory cabs/mics. With a strato it sounds amazing! when i did this little demo i recorded the guitar with a humbucker equipped guitar, so its a little bit darker than with the strato, but still has great sustain and it "sings" a lot :)

Tomorrow i will backup the patch and cab so i can post it here.

Cheers guys!

Thanks! Looking forward to that!

Wouldn't that depend on where you live? :)

Beautiful tone and playing gambapaketera! Really nice!

Last edited:
That's pretty good using only piezo 8) It does have some nasty high end ringing to it though, I'm gueassing from sharp peaks added by tone matching. Would have been nice if that TM curve could be edited!

That's pretty good using only piezo 8) It does have some nasty high end ringing to it though, I'm gueassing from sharp peaks added by tone matching. Would have been nice if that TM curve could be edited!

I know exactly what you mean! in a recent recording (just to test what you said) i had to put a Peq in my daw so i could cut some frequencies, and one of then was pretty high, in the end it sounded better (at least for that especific song) so i might insert a Peq after the TMA block and copy those settings.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Back
Top Bottom