• Forever Yoiung by Tyketto

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Separate Ways by Journey

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Ok, I'm going to try this again, since it was so much fun the first time :)
I will being using the AxeFxII and like last time I will make some time for us to ask questions amongst the group online.

Keep in mind this is for fun and mostly for intermediate players, a lot of dudes can play better than me, so this might not be for you :)

Mark Day's Music Gear Channel on USTREAM: Mark Day's music gear channel.. is the link, I think you must join ustream to be able to do the chat thing with me.

This will occur this Thursday July 21st 7:00 pm EST.

I will list some solos to choose from.

We will be doing the main solo from Ratt's "Lay It Down" Hope you can join me!

Last edited:
ah yes, EDT is -4. Back in the 20th Century I wrote a program to calculate all this for webpage that took into account where you logged in from to tell you the times across a few major facilities. It was a long time ago.

Yes! Ratt!

You know what drives me crazy? There are no good sounding backing tracks of "Lay it Down". How can that be? Probably their most famous hit?

Mark,

Is there any chance you could do the lesson at a time that us West Coasters can make? I've got a day job and I don't get off work until 5:00pm Pacific time (8:00pm Eastern). Another option would be to record the lessons and let those of us who can't participate live watch them after the fact. What do you think?

When I think about it the reality is that I would have a really difficult time participating any earlier than 6:00pm Pacific time as I typically pick up one or both of my kids after work. And now that I think about it I'm coaching my son's soccer team on Thursday at 6:00pm anyway. Sheesh . . . no wonder I never have time (or energy) to practice.

So the recording sounds like my best option . . . any chance you would post them on YouTube? I know I would miss participating live, but a recording would be better than nothing.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
ok
1) vote for 9 eastern, give us at least a chance to get home (west coast baby!)
2) Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrules, still need a good ratt patch.
3) Any way (asked before per me) you could upload the lesson on video eg. "not live"
3) Petrucci next goooooo for it aye!

Looks like it will be the Lay It Down solo at 7pm EST Thursday (tomorrow evening). Hope to see you all there!!!!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom