1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Another "just got it !"...

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Reviews' started by Baldadi, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Baldadi

Baldadi
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi all,

I've been on the fence for an Axe FX for quite some time, but was never convinced of the practicalities of using it live and how to combine it with my other gear and tube amps.

For recording I was too addicted to my VG99 (which, in it’s own right, is also a fantastic piece of gear if you put some time it to tweak!), Line 6 I just never bonded with, although I used the old Pod XT quite extensively in the past.

So…Just this weekend I received the Axe III in my own studio and hooked it up to my RME 802 and Mac…

Yes, it is overwhelming: the sheer amount of possibilities in every aspect.
    Yes, it is quite a ‘big’ apparatus…
    Still doubting if I will start dragging it with me to every rehearsal…
    Still not sure what poweramp/FRFR solutions will become my preferred solution
    Footcontrollers: when, what, how…

But the S.O.U.N.D. !!!

The presets get me to be creative, to play and try all sorts of new stuff and sounds.
    It gets me out of my own (sound)box.
    It lets me play amps and effects that sound INSPIRING and are not just a good effort with digital fizz…

Only one issue with this thing: I need more than 24 hours in a day....!

Happy to get on the FAS train with all of you; I’ve been leeching on this forum for quite some time and all the great contributors, developers and musicians that take the time to help each other over here is at least as valuable as the product itself…

Cheers!

api4u, NeoSound, chucma and 1 other person like this.
  2. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hi baldadi
    Welcome! A couple of monitors (or iem) and a foot pedal is all you'll need forever!
    Thanks
    Pauly

Baldadi likes this.
  3. MrGuitarabuse

MrGuitarabuse
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Congrats on move and welcome!

On "dragging" it to rehearsals, its hardly worse than carrying a bunch of stomp boxes in a bag or? ;)

Baldadi likes this.
  4. Baldadi

Baldadi
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Haha I guess you're right... but it's more the cable-(un)plugging/connecting from the studio to the rehearsals and back as well as the sheer fact that you're constantly moving a quite expensive piece of high tech gear in and out of boxes and cars...

But hey, just give me some time to adjust to the idea and I'll probably won't give it another thought in a couple of months...:tonguewink:

pauly likes this.
  5. MrGuitarabuse

MrGuitarabuse
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Wouldn't worry too much, my AXE-FX II have been in Sweden, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Japan back and forth :D

6. Baldadi

Baldadi
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Now I understand your nickname better...:confused:

MrGuitarabuse and api4u like this.
  7. PBGas

PBGas
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

If anything, this will be a heck of a lot easier for me to cart around to each gig. I'm really looking forward to it once my FC arrives.