Another "just got it !"...

Baldadi

Inspired
Hi all,

I've been on the fence for an Axe FX for quite some time, but was never convinced of the practicalities of using it live and how to combine it with my other gear and tube amps.

For recording I was too addicted to my VG99 (which, in it’s own right, is also a fantastic piece of gear if you put some time it to tweak!), Line 6 I just never bonded with, although I used the old Pod XT quite extensively in the past.

So…Just this weekend I received the Axe III in my own studio and hooked it up to my RME 802 and Mac…

Yes, it is overwhelming: the sheer amount of possibilities in every aspect.
Yes, it is quite a ‘big’ apparatus…
Still doubting if I will start dragging it with me to every rehearsal…
Still not sure what poweramp/FRFR solutions will become my preferred solution
Footcontrollers: when, what, how…

But the S.O.U.N.D. !!!

The presets get me to be creative, to play and try all sorts of new stuff and sounds.
It gets me out of my own (sound)box.
It lets me play amps and effects that sound INSPIRING and are not just a good effort with digital fizz…

Only one issue with this thing: I need more than 24 hours in a day....!

Happy to get on the FAS train with all of you; I’ve been leeching on this forum for quite some time and all the great contributors, developers and musicians that take the time to help each other over here is at least as valuable as the product itself…

Cheers!

Hi baldadi
Welcome! A couple of monitors (or iem) and a foot pedal is all you'll need forever!
Thanks
Pauly

On "dragging" it to rehearsals, its hardly worse than carrying a bunch of stomp boxes in a bag or? ;)

Haha I guess you're right... but it's more the cable-(un)plugging/connecting from the studio to the rehearsals and back as well as the sheer fact that you're constantly moving a quite expensive piece of high tech gear in and out of boxes and cars...

But hey, just give me some time to adjust to the idea and I'll probably won't give it another thought in a couple of months...:tonguewink:

Haha I guess you're right... but it's more the cable-(un)plugging/connecting from the studio to the rehearsals and back as well as the sheer fact that you're constantly moving a quite expensive piece of high tech gear in and out of boxes and cars...

Wouldn't worry too much, my AXE-FX II have been in Sweden, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Japan back and forth :D

If anything, this will be a heck of a lot easier for me to cart around to each gig. I'm really looking forward to it once my FC arrives.

Back
Top Bottom