Another Fender Tone Master leak (FRFR)

I’m liking the price. Tone Master amps have a good reputation. The other guitar is in my band has one and it sounds great even DI’d. Hopeful this will be a quality product too.

Will most likely be buying. With that power amp; they can't still be using that Fender branded Celestion that's in the GT/GTX. Though it is a HUGE bang for buck speaker for modeling purposes.

I’m liking the price. Tone Master amps have a good reputation. The other guitar is in my band has one and it sounds great even DI’d. Hopeful this will be a quality product too.

Yes, hopefully. I've been....meh on the TMs. I owned a Blonde Deluxe for a while and was not happy with it. The Super I played in a store was incredibly disappointing. I came away from the experiences with the thought that almost any "pedal platform" amp would be at least as good potentially for less money....which led me to buy a used Hot Rod DeVille on a whim for like $450...which...with pedals, was better.

(I sold it after I got my fractal)

Coax and FRFR are not synonymous.

Indeed.

Coax speakers are cool for certain applications, mostly due to the radiation pattern. But, the design still has some trade-offs, often significantly increased high-end distortion.

I still kinda want to try F12s in a 2x12, but...I'm probably going to wait to hear these in person.

Also, depending on where the XO is set...the tweeter might not actually matter that much. Most guitar sounds tend to be ~40 dB down from the peak by 8k or so. It might just be a "wherever" tweeter just to stop it from sounding dull, depending on whether it's intended to double as a general use monitor or just reproduce guitar sounds.

8-core processor according to one website. Doesn't tell us much but I do wonder how the processing power compares to the FM9.
Just watched @2112 video and it was a perfect overview. Looks like a solid product. More excited about the FRFR like @Rex Rox .

IMG_0980.png
There is a 10" and a 12"
The 12" is just 28lbs

10" 75Hz-20kHz
12" 70Hz-20kHz

Daddy likes 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: mtb
Back
Top Bottom