Another Fender Tone Master leak (FRFR)

I wonder what the difference between the 10 and 12 is, realistically. Like is one better for certain applications? I’m naturally swaying towards the 12 as it’s just more standard I guess, but curious what the real world difference would be.

I wonder what the difference between the 10 and 12 is, realistically. Like is one better for certain applications? I’m naturally swaying towards the 12 as it’s just more standard I guess, but curious what the real world difference would be.
Generally speaking, the 12 has a larger cabinet and the speaker has more surface area, so it has more “natural” bass extension.
The 10, some would say is “fast”….something George Benson has talked about liking(2x10). Me, I prefer the 12.

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing!
Okay now that the front is off, put a directional mic right up close to the tweeter, and do a frequency scan to find the XO point. :)
You know....I probably could. I have a MiniDSP mic and REW. But it sure seems like a lot of effort. I'm guessing doing the scan would be the easy part but it's been over a decade since I used that stuff and I can't remember how to use any of it and figuring it out seems like work 😂

Ooh how close if you don’t mind me asking? I’m getting GAS…

I just went and fetched a tape measure. The cab is angled on its tilt-back legs to reduce floor coupling.

I measured from a point between the tweater and the woofer on the grille to my ear and the distance was 6 feet. At some points I may have been further away - so maybe 7 feet. This morning I was playing again and it was 6 feet.

You know....I probably could. I have a MiniDSP mic and REW. But it sure seems like a lot of effort. I'm guessing doing the scan would be the easy part but it's been over a decade since I used that stuff and I can't remember how to use any of it and figuring it out seems like work 😂
…never mind here’s some pics of the woofer and tweeter…not scientific: can guess 1200-1500Hz ?
1696786445240.jpeg

Last edited:
I did a review at our other spot. For those who might not be over there:
Post in thread 'Fender Tone Master Pro' https://thegearforum.com/threads/fender-tone-master-pro.3286/post-120595

Program music at least via YT requires some eq tweaking on the FR. It's definitely guitar cab centric.
Thanks for the review! I think I'll have to try one when they arrive in my local music stores.

Off topic (and feel free to send this answer in DMs if we don't want to derail this thread), but what's the difference between the TGP and TGF? They look like they have similar UI, names, and forum categories?

Back
Top Bottom