Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL Plus

Naturally, this happens within less than one month of receiving my XL. The thread title did make me me mutter "of course... now." to myself.

I would have voted for XL2 as "plus" tends to confer additional functionality.

Also, was there no opportunity to source more chips on the spot market or do a one-time last buy?

Sounds good! Although does this mean that us XL owners are going to have limited supply of screens for repairs? Hope you guys at FAS have boatloads of spares (not that I'm planning any unexpected damage to my XL). :)

EDIT: Reread the post, it is the controller chips that are EOL, not the LCD displays. It's probably going to be pretty hard to damage a controller chip.

Do you guys really worry about your LCD screens? There have never been any reported issues with the LCD other than the ribbon cable not being properly seated (which you can repair on your own in a couple of minutes). And this hilarious thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/78650-my-axe-manufacture-worms.html

To be honest, I would be more worried if the EPROM gets EoL ... ;)

LOL!! I am so glad you shared that post, I've never seen it before and it's brilliant!! :D

Good point you make though, I've never worried about my screen before, and I take really good care of my Axe.

Very cool FAS, you remind me Boeing company,

Axe-Fx II Mark I = 747 SP
Axe-Fx II Mark II = 747-100
Axe-Fx II XL = 747-200
Axe-Fx II XL+ = 747- 400

it's an awesome machine, an awesome aircraft, so this should have different versions ! :)

Last edited:
Cliff, does that mean that from now on in Europe via G66 we will also be able to buy the XL+ instead of the XL.

Staring tomorrow we will begin selling the Axe-Fx II XL Plus.

- Custom black-and-white "+" sign after the letters "XL"
- Rich alcantara headliner with diamond-stitch seating surfaces
- Gluten and GMO free

Gluten free... Awesome... I like the" sound" of it. Is it more eh organic?

You mean you're not even upgrading the sticky LCD cover...? :shock

Talk about a HUGE marketing blunder!! :lol

The potential improvements were many!

Wow, I had steeled myself for the pain before opening the thread - but no! It's just the LCD.

If your LCD fails now you are so out of luck. Fractal definitely won't have kept a stock for repairs. In fact I understand that if you complain about the LCD then not only do they take away your AFX for ever, Liam Neeson hunts down your entire family using his 'particular set of skills'. You have been warned.

Reactions: Ole
So I wonder what happens to the humble Axe-FxII mkII then? Will this unit no longer be produced, due to the LCD change?

Back
Top Bottom