Announcing MFC-Edit - Official editor for the MFC-101

Just thought I'd drop a line on how great the support is for this software.
I was having a JAVA issue, I send Gary an email and receive a response 10 minutes later with help, despite me not having going through the usual support networks. Jump to 20 minutes later and the problem is solved. Professional support and a top bloke; my money has been well spent!

I am curious why this software is not included when the controller is $800. Can anyone answer why in the world would this not be a free app for users with a registered unit. Any ideas? It is not about $24.95, it is about the fact that the fractal and the controller is over $3000 but a price is set on software for the controller. Throw it in as a free download. The unit is expensive as it is. Hell, I was surprised that for over a $3000 purchase that a CAT5 cable was not included. If it is a partership of some sort, give the cut from the unit proceeds. I do not recommend nickel and diming your customers on top of high priced units. Be generous to your customers :) Now, may I get a FREE copy of the MFC EDIT?

Thanks FAS for all your free updates and all your free improvements.
Thank you for putting 200 amps in my box, that would cost me more then a lifetime wages to buy and rent room for.
Thank you for all the free cabinets and effects.
Thank you for not including a Cat5 cable wich would not fit the length i want anyway, and would just end up in a drawer like all other included cables does.
And thank you for making this partnership with Gary, who offers a good software to your allready amazing MFC - 101 to a price that will cost me 2,5 pizza.

I am curious why this software is not included when the controller is $800. Can anyone answer why in the world would this not be a free app for users with a registered unit. Any ideas? It is not about $24.95, it is about the fact that the fractal and the controller is over $3000 but a price is set on software for the controller. Throw it in as a free download. The unit is expensive as it is. Hell, I was surprised that for over a $3000 purchase that a CAT5 cable was not included. If it is a partership of some sort, give the cut from the unit proceeds. I do not recommend nickel and diming your customers on top of high priced units. Be generous to your customers :) Now, may I get a FREE copy of the MFC EDIT?

Nice first post... :hopelessness:

I am curious why this software is not included when the controller is $800. Can anyone answer why in the world would this not be a free app for users with a registered unit. Any ideas?

If I'm not mistaken it was written outside of FAS. Why they didn't write one themselves...probably just not enough development cycles.

So no, I don't think they're going to give you one for free. ;-)

Thanks FAS for all your free updates and all your free improvements.
Thank you for putting 200 amps in my box, that would cost me more then a lifetime wages to buy and rent room for.
Thank you for all the free cabinets and effects.
Thank you for not including a Cat5 cable wich would not fit the length i want anyway, and would just end up in a drawer like all other included cables does.
And thank you for making this partnership with Gary, who offers a good software to your allready amazing MFC - 101 to a price that will cost me 2,5 pizza.

Just saying for over $3000 for the unit and controller, the AXE Edit is free so why not the MFC Edit. Everything in the unit is definitely paid for. I am gonna write my own so I can make $24.95 a pop at it. Hell, I will sell it for $19.95 in an infommercial just to increase market share. It surprises me that no one else is questioning that fact that the unit is pricey and they still want to charge for software. Avid Elevenrack comes with all that stuff - Included in the unit price. What a concept!

Just saying for over $3000 for the unit and controller, the AXE Edit is free so why not the MFC Edit. Everything in the unit is definitely paid for. I am gonna write my own so I can make $24.95 a pop at it. Hell, I will sell it for $19.95 in an infommercial just to increase market share. It surprises me that no one else is questioning that fact that the unit is pricey and they still want to charge for software. Avid Elevenrack comes with all that stuff - Included in the unit price. What a concept!

i paid $20,000 for a car and they still charge me for new tires. wtf!

If I'm not mistaken it was written outside of FAS. Why they didn't write one themselves...probably just not enough development cycles.

So no, I don't think they're going to give you one for free. ;-)

Thank you for your realistic answer. Even though it is a reasonable answer, I still don't get the pricing for MFC EDIT. Maybe its because I'm a linux guy and licensed software is a thing of the past for me. I am thinking I should take this idea to an open source forum so the world can create a free app for a unit that should already have it. Maybe we can get FAS to think Open Source.

I am willing to bet that FAS basically said, "hey if people can afford FA equipment then they can afford $25 for software". That is fine from a corporate profit margin perspective but I say "Damn, I just paid $3300 for the unit/controller and it doesn't come with software". I am a Real Estate investor and one of the things I make sure to do is to throw in things that sweeten a deal like a home warranty shield or 3 months of landscaping service. This helps get top dollar on the purchase price. Like FA, the AXE FX is an elite product with an elite price tag. A $25 app is an easy sweetener for the $3300 price tag. Just throw it in like the Axe Edit.

You made your point. Now let it go please. You're hijacking the thread.

EDIT: "I am a Real Estate investor and one of the things I make sure to do is to throw in things that sweeten a deal like a home warranty shield or 3 months of landscaping service. This helps get top dollar on the purchase price."

What this means is that your price is too high, so you have room and can afford to throw in extra stuff. Which is part of the price. I rather see a reasonable and realisticprice and let people decide if they want to pay for the extras if they need them.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet that FAS basically said, "hey if people can afford FA equipment then they can afford $25 for software". That is fine from a corporate profit margin perspective but I say "Damn, I just paid $3300 for the unit/controller and it doesn't come with software".

My guess is that you would lose that bet. With the sheer amount of FREE firmware upgrades FAS provides you can clearly tell they're not trying to milk folks for profit. (plus, that would be a MUCHHHH greater way to increase their profit margin if that was their goal). A more likely scenario is that the 3rd party software developer approached FAS and said 'hey, let's develop a partnership where I get access to FAS MFC-101 folks to make the editor state-of-the-art and you make my editor the "official" MFC-Editor and you can have exclusive rights to sell my software in your online store and make a commission on it'. I suspect that's what they do with all the cab packs. But like yours, those are just a WAG.

I am thrilled to have this for $25. This will save me a ton of time which is precious.

I also appreciate the how to videos Cooper made and will be glad to pay when I am ready to use them.

Doing things for free never has been a big motivator.

Fedit V2 MFC-101 Editor does the same thing. It's just not as pretty: eJoz Software - Home - Unlimited Trial (FREE)

I do give Gary credit for support. He is fast at responding and very flexible when it comes to helping with his product. No issues paying for it from that perspective.

It's not about the $25 people. I afforded it and bought it but found that a free app does the same thing just not with the same UI.

Thanks Gary for your help. You do have a good app and your support is great. Thank you for all of your explanation of why it is this way. I got a straight answer from you and that is appreciated. Maybe FS will listen.

Back
Top Bottom