Announcing FM9 Turbo

I'm looking foreward to be able to exchange my presets on the FM9 at home with the ones in the Axe III in the band room - incl. the footcontroller layout I use. So I can really practice and tweak at home too.
As long as the presets meet the block limitations of the FM9 you can exchange them. The Wiki has a table that shows the differences. I move presets between my FM3/FM9/FX3 and once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. Design them on the FM9 and they'll always fit the FX3.

The layouts, whether you're using the FC6 or FC12 on the FX3 aren't the same as the FM9 alone or with an FC attached so they'll still be explicitly defined for a particular modeler. Use the FC Per-Preset overrides and Per-Preset layouts and your switch assignments will flow to fit too.

Is the TURBO more extra expansive than the standard?
"Expansive" or "expensive"?

The only difference in the FM9 Turbo is the processing speed and it's $100 more expensive.

I was hoping for an added pitch shifter block and larger size preset names.
Nope, the number of available pitch shifter blocks is the same, and the preset names have not changed, either in their length or the size of the scribble strips.

Is there a place for suggestions / wish list for upgrades? I'm now finally getting my FM9 from the next G66 patch and it will be the turbo. One small personal annoyance is only two compressor blocks. I plan to run vocals and possibly two guitars (acoustic+electric for example) in one preset. And even with one guitar path I might want to use two compressors in the path, before and after amp. If the amount of compressor blocks would be jacked up to three then for me personally that would be very good upgrade. It would also make sense that FM3 would have two, FM9 would have three and Axe FX3 would have full four blocks.

With the additional power (and money) for the turbo, I would be very very excited if they actually would make this upgrade eventually. One can wish😊

Has this been requested before or am I the only one really wants three compressor blocks?😄

Is there a place for suggestions / wish list for upgrades? I'm now finally getting my FM9 from the next G66 patch and it will be the turbo. One small personal annoyance is only two compressor blocks. I plan to run vocals and possibly two guitars (acoustic+electric for example) in one preset. And even with one guitar path I might want to use two compressors in the path, before and after amp. If the amount of compressor blocks would be jacked up to three then for me personally that would be very good upgrade. It would also make sense that FM3 would have two, FM9 would have three and Axe FX3 would have full four blocks.

With the additional power (and money) for the turbo, I would be very very excited if they actually would make this upgrade eventually. One can wish😊

Has this been requested before or am I the only one really wants three compressor blocks?😄
I have a suggestion as a workaround as I do not think that an additional compressor block will happen:

Use one of the Multiband Compressor blocks as "normal" single band compressor by setting the low and high detectors to 50Hz and 10,000Hz respectively. This will give you two additional compressors blocks.
Additionally you might also use the multiband compressor as multiband to achieve a different compression effect.

Hope this helps and is a possible solution for you.

Fractal Audio's FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor is now the FM9 Turbo, with 10+% more DSP power.

We created the Turbo to sidestep semiconductor supply chain issues, but we're confident that its superior price/performance ratio will be met with great enthusiasm.

The Turbo version allows more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9. Aside from power, the two versions are identical.

FM9 Turbo will retail for $1699.99 in the USA and Canada.
Please contact your local Fractal Audio dealer for pricing in other regions.

We expect to resume waitlist invitations in the USA and Canada tomorrow (Aug 10, 2022)
A number of FM9 Turbo units is also expected to be available in Europe later this month.

FAQ
  • The FM9 Turbo does not use the larger footswitch displays of the FC Mark II products.
  • The Aug-2022 delivery to Europe will be all FM9 Turbo units.
  • All production going forward should be the "TURBO" variety barring unforeseeable circumstances.
  • If you're already on the waitlist there is no need to sign up again.
  • Existing FM9 units cannot be upgraded to Turbo.

View attachment 106295
Can't wait until this makes it to Australia! Already composing the ad to sell my Helix rack.

Don’t expect it to happen. The Axe-FX III Turbo doesn’t have additional blocks, it can just process a few more of its existing blocks.

The original FX3, the Mk II and the Turbo run the same count of blocks, just as the two FM9 do.

I have a suggestion as a workaround as I do not think that an additional compressor block will happen:

Use one of the Multiband Compressor blocks as "normal" single band compressor by setting the low and high detectors to 50Hz and 10,000Hz respectively. This will give you two additional compressors blocks.
Additionally you might also use the multiband compressor as multiband to achieve a different compression effect.

Hope this helps and is a possible solution for you.
That's a great tip didn't even think of that one! Solves my dilemma, thanks. Still of course more blocks wouldn't hurt if they update 😄

Am I correct in assuming that the waitlist is no longer being used, and that once it is worked through, the product will be generally available on the Fractal shop?

Back
Top Bottom