Announcing FM9 Turbo

Is it dumb to get a FM9 when I have a Axe Fx III? Probably.

Is that going to stop me? Probably not.

I think I’m going to do the same…. Have a III, recently got a fm3 and enjoyed the form factor but found it a little light in cpu power, so a fm9 seemed like a great compromise I started thinking this weekend and then as if it was destiny, along comes the fm9 turbo. I think it’s meant to be lol

Now fingers crossed by original fm9 invite can still apply

I think I’m going to do the same…. Have a III, recently got a fm3 and enjoyed the form factor but found it a little light in cpu power, so a fm9 seemed like a great compromise I started thinking this weekend and then as if it was destiny, along comes the fm9 turbo. I think it’s meant to be lol

Now fingers crossed by original fm9 invite can still apply
I'm sure it still will! I don't see why it wouldn't

As a person who was lucky enough to get one of the original run, I now wish I hadn't and had to wait until this year. I could use that extra 10% power. The entire reason I bought the unit barely works with the power mine has. I would have been able to run all of the blocks I really wanted to run with the extra power.

"Aside from power, the two versions are identical."
Sure.. hardware might be identical other than the power. It's not very clear if the extra power will mean that we will get more blocks, because to me it sounds like that could be one of the benefits.

As a person who was lucky enough to get one of the original run, I now wish I hadn't and had to wait until this year. I could use that extra 10% power. The entire reason I bought the unit barely works with the power mine has. I would have been able to run all of the blocks I really wanted to run with the extra power.
Glass is 3/4 (more than half) full:
Since you indicated you would have been okay with waiting, sign up on the waitlist again, wait to get the Turbo, then sell your original FM9. By the time you get it, there will likely still be a waitlist and you can sell your original FM9 for a profit.

Best of all worlds: you got to use the FM9 before most other users, you'll get a turbo, and you'll make $ in doing so.

That 10% would add the multidelay or cab preamp in hi quality mode that I seem to always not have CPU room for in the current FM9 with a "kitchen sink" preset.

I'd trade up to the Turbo in a heartbeat except for the fact that I'd be waitlisted forever at this point.

This is my main preset. I threw an extra Verb and Delay block. 78%.

Schermafbeelding 2022-08-09 om 20.58.17.png

This is my main preset. I threw an extra Verb and Delay block. 78%.

View attachment 106302
That would probably made the difference in my situation. I would have to go back to my preset but I know the two blocks I wanted to add that I didn't have enough CUP for was a compressor and an EQ.
These kinds of regret (that I am sure you will see more of) look to me like people who don't want to ever veer away from a single preset.
That is not the case in my situation. I am running two completely different signal chains in one preset with the blocks needed for my electric guitar tones as well as a piezo system for acoustic tones. The whole reason I bought the FM9 was to be able to run both of these signals through one unit instead of having to set up two completely different effects or modeler boards.

That would probably made the difference in my situation. I would have to go back to my preset but I know the two blocks I wanted to add that I didn't have enough CUP for was a compressor and an EQ.

That is not the case in my situation. I am running two completely different signal chains in one preset with the blocks needed for my electric guitar tones as well as a piezo system for acoustic tones. The whole reason I bought the FM9 was to be able to run both of these signals through one unit instead of having to set up two completely different effects or modeler boards.
Do you really need that many blocks for the piezo/acoustic processing? Might be a good case for getting the III? I ran guitar and guitar synth tones through an FM3. I would think with some judicious preset building you could squeeze what you need out of multiple presets with the existing power?

Do you really need that many blocks for the piezo/acoustic processing? Might be a good case for getting the III? I ran guitar and guitar synth tones through an FM3. I would think with some judicious preset building you could squeeze what you need out of multiple presets with the existing power?
I wanted this to all be in one unit. If I go to the III then I have to put it in a rack and carry the foot controller, which is the size of the FM9.

I would have to look at the preset but I had to dial the signal chain for the piezo way back to just the stuff it needs to make noise. I am using an acoustic IR in an cab block. It really needs the compressor and EQ blocks to get it sounding like I want it. I had it that way before I put the signal chain in for my electric sounds. That is when I hit the CPU limit.

Back
Top Bottom