Announcing FAS-FX REVERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta' chime in on the iLok too. I use a desktop and laptop to process the same work and flip flopping licenses and dongle switching are a major pain. I understand the need to protect but maybe allowing 2 instances of installation. Even if only operating one at a time. I've spent several thousand bucks in plugs the last year and almost all of them allow multiple instances while maintaining protection.

I just pulled the trigger and Wow!!! This is now the best Reverb VST in my arsenal. Tested for Kick drum and Bass guitar and I can say it is replacing Waves IR1 in my production template (also tested it against Waves RVerb, Valhalla and iZotope Ozone5 Reverb).
A couple of things:
- I need to use FabFilter ProQ after it, as the Tone menu does not have the flexibility I need for filtering.
- Also noticed a bug when storing presets (stored name is not reflected in presets menu)
- CPU is a bit heavier than Waves IR1, but worth it!

noticed a bug when storing presets (stored name is not reflected in presets menu)

I'm interested in making sure the storing of presets happens the right way. Can you elaborate on exactly how to reproduce this bug?

Also, keep in mind... the host's Preset menu will not show your preset name. That preset menu will just read "User Preset" when you are not using a factory default. The preset menu built into the plug-in... the one that pops up when you hit the "Presets" button in the top left corner, should show you your preset name. The name should match the text in the yellowish "LCD" display. (It may be different than the file name you choose for the preset file.)

As you say, the problem is not at the Host's preset menu (there it is read "User Preset"). The issue is at the built in preset menu, where irrespective of how you call the saves preset, in the menu it is still shown as the original preset name.

I am a big Fractal fan and promoter having used Fractal products since the early days (Standard firmware 1.24).
I am certain that this reverb is a great product. But using iLok is a deal breaker for me. I am determined to move away from that cursed dongle and will not buy plugs that use this copy protection product. There are better and more user friendly alternatives.

...using iLok is a deal breaker for me. I am determined to move away from that cursed dongle and will not buy plugs that use this copy protection product. There are better and more user friendly alternatives.
Alternatives like iLock without a dongle. Which is what FAS-FX uses. :)

Last edited:
I've gotten used to the iLok. I bitched about Waves using iLok for years. Now they use their own software and I have to wait for it to update before using. If it DOES update I have to download an 80MB file, which if I'm remote takes time. Then I can download, but have to remember to upload it so I can switch between my Macbook and iMac. PLUS I use the iLok. So now I have 2 friggin' things to keep up with. iLok at least has it all in one place. AND if you have to instantiate a backup drive, the iLok works. Other plugins require re-registration which is a hassle because you forget which needs it and find out WHILE you are making music and now have to stop making music and become computer engineer again. Frustrating. iLok is better than all those options. I AGREE that 'put it on my computer' seems nice.. until you instantiate a backup and it's no longer recognized.

That said, WHERE THE HELL IS THIS F%$#%ING PLUGIN?!? The website removed it!! Did it blow up peoples computers?!?

(I say this out of excitement, as I love the reverbs from Fractal)

Yeah, Fractal, PM us and let us get it! Screw iLok2's failure.

They'll have a replacement soon enough I'm sure. Can't have sat on their tufts for 5 years NOT planning for this day (if so they are the worst security company on earth, haha)

If forum members want it and are willing to pay, what's the harm?!?
Cat's already out of the bag since some have purchased it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom