Announcing Cab-Lab!

Thanks Matt - looks like more next-generation stellar Tone Tools for FAS's Legion of Extraordinary Fractalites are on their way - we love it!

Last edited:
Hey Matt, If I remember right you were going to give away a couple of these at the Axe-fest? I will be watching my emails;)

Thats really to bad... and since there are still a lot of Standard and Ultra owner at least it should be made compatible or a side version that is compatible....
You're not completely screwed here. You've got Axe-0-matic, MixIR and my favorite IR-Lab just off the top of my head.

are we able to audition in real time while mixing?

It still has to be loaded in the axe-fx so you can use the scratchpad location and quickly load up the mixes to compare. It has a solo and mute for each mixing channel so you can quickly compare 2 or mixes by just soloing those mixes, the soloing another set of mixes.

Looks cool! Will this be able to (in future versions, perhaps):
convert .syx to .wav and vice-versa?
display frequency response, IR plots and phase response of IRs?
capture and editing of IRs?
allow both parallel and series mixing of IRs?
convert 1024 to 2048 point IRs and vice versa?

Rabbit hole...ahead

Not impeding, but right now I already have 2 cab blocks x 2 to mix without any tricks!
8 x2 x4 soon? , rabbit hole

It is so easy to audition combination of cabs with this. It really speed up the process. You can have 8 cabs loaded up and quickly switch between a set of mixes.

Rabbit hole...ahead

Not impeding, but right now I already have 2 cab blocks x 2 to mix without any tricks!
8 x2 x4 soon? , rabbit hole
that's where the Axe's Cab Scratch Pad functionality comes into play. load IRs, mix, mute, audition, repeat... it's super quick and easy with Cab-Lab.

It still has to be loaded in the axe-fx so you can use the scratchpad location and quickly load up the mixes to compare. It has a solo and mute for each mixing channel so you can quickly compare 2 or mixes by just soloing those mixes, the soloing another set of mixes.

I thought the point of cab lab was that we could try out different IRs and combinations of them, without having to upload them to Axe 2 first. Are you saying that is not so? So basically, with cab lab we can combine more than 2 IRs, whilst in the Axe we can only combine two right?

Back
Top Bottom