Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

It really matters here in local custom clealances when it comes to import tax.
Almost double in amounts since no benefit enjoyable under Free Trade Treaty.
Ah I hadn’t realised that was an issue in some countries. Which country are you based in?

Ah I hadn’t realised that was an issue in some countries. Which country are you based in?
Canada and Mexico are two for sure that have 0% import taxes and duties on products made in the USA (or Canada or Mexico). But products made in China don't have that same luxury just because they were ordered by an American Company

Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate and support the dedicated nature of the Fractal team to continue to elevate the platform and realize that things change. And I may pull the trigger and upgrade. Again.

But somehow this is starting to remind me of that 8th time I bought a remixed/remastered/5.1 to 7.1 version of Dark Side Of The Moon. :laughing:

Quick!... Load up a pallet and send to Australia post haste!!

Thanks
Pauly

Greetings to all,

Starting today we will begin selling a new version of the Axe-Fx III. The new Axe-Fx III Mark II features the following upgrades:
  • New IPS Display offers improved contrast, better viewing angles and more vivid colors.
  • Double the preset memory = space for 1024 presets.
  • Adjustable RGB LEDs let you set the color and brightness of the front panel logo.
  • Increased flash memory for future updates.
Presets between the original and the Mark II are completely compatible.

The Axe-Fx III Mark II has a direct price of $2099.99. Everyone on the existing waitlist will receive invitations for the newer version.
If you're not on the waitlist but would like to get one of the first Axe-Fx III Mark II units, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com

View attachment 72424

South Korea established a Free Trade Agreement with USA, which allows import tax
exemption benefit applicable to goods MADE IN THE USA within the territory only.

The new features are nice to be sure, but none are game changers for me.

However, it's worrisome that there's now more room for firmware. Logically, that means that some day there will be Axe III firmware that I can't load into my Mark I.

The new features are nice to be sure, but none are game changers for me.

However, it's worrisome that there's now more room for firmware. Logically, that means that some day there will be Axe III firmware that I can't load into my Mark I.
There isn't more room for firmware. The firmware ROM is the same size and many times larger than what we are using.

There isn't more room for firmware. The firmware ROM is the same size and many times larger than what we are using.
Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Guess I misinterpreted this item in the OP: "Increased flash memory for future updates".
That's not for the updates themselves, but for whatever future updates use it for.

Fact remains though, at some point the Mark II will be able to do something the Mark I can't, due to that extra memory.

I can live with that. I think.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Guess I misinterpreted this item in the OP: "Increased flash memory for future updates".
That's not for the updates themselves, but for whatever future updates use it for.

Fact remains though, at some point the Mark II will be able to do something the Mark I can't, due to that extra memory.

I can live with that. I think.
Don't know if it makes you feel any better but on the AxeFx II XL+ page it said "Copious reserves for future expansion…" as one of the bullet points. I don't know of any features the XL+ had at the end that the Mk1 didn't get. Doesn't mean things can't change, who knows, but it's food for thought.

Don't know if it makes you feel any better but on the AxeFx II XL+ page it said "Copious reserves for future expansion…" as one of the bullet points. I don't know of any features the XL+ had at the end that the Mk1 didn't get. Doesn't mean things can't change, who knows, but it's food for thought.
XL & XL+ had more preset slots, more factory cabs & more user cab slots. Those are the main things that come to mind. Firmwares were the same. 2 different memory areas involved. Cliff has already stated the III MKI & MKII run the same firmware.
The mkII looks grand, but I've only had my mk1 a year and the wording in the press release implies more capability for FW updates.

Not too fussed, as the III is incredible as it stands currently, but I'm interested to know this.

Cheers.
No. The same firmware runs on both.

Back
Top Bottom