Andy Wood tackling EVH tones with his AFIII

[Also, maybe its just me but since I got the Axe III I'm finally able to import presets from other Users and have them sound great.
Ive had the same exact experience.
I just couldn’t get any User of Factory preset to work for me with the II.

With the III they almost all sound great with just a bit of tweaking for my guitars.

Same thing with IRs. With the II I had a couple that worked for me that I used on everything. All the others were way to bright or way to woofey. Now I’m using all kinds of different IRS.

Fun thread. I've got my own little EVH section of presets to get me through the first tones into his chorus/eventide phase (1984) and now the latter Balance tone. I'm missing the all elusive Fair Warning. Simply because it's my favorite and I'm not satisfied with the tweaks yet. Also, gonna build me a A Different Kind of Truth tone. When that album came out I was really impressed with the simplicity of that tone and the modern sound he had. I see it get trashed but I think it's a great tone. Simple, not detuned and has a stereo quality.

The tricky part for me at the moment is that my Eb tuned guitar is my Charvel with a SD JB pickup. My standard 440 is a PAF style (Thornbucker), which really gets the tone. So, I'm also creating EQ blocks to deal with that. Real high class problem, I know.... Hey, I did just live through 12 degree weather without power and water (still no water) here in Houston. That was equally challenging but not quite as fun.

I made the preset according to the video. I did swap out the cab because I found it hard to hear individual strings. Also, the delay works great, but it blurs sthing up when pumping a faster riff. I connected the mix to a pitch modifier. Works much better.
I thought about posting it, but I do not want to take away some views from him.

Harm
What cab did you end up going with?

Back
Top Bottom