Andy Wood tackling EVH tones with his AFIII

That tone and playing made Andy smile much like it did Eddie...as well as us fans. That's what was so cool about Eddie's style; with all the swing, groove and attitude, no matter what it was, it was FUN for him to play and it came across so clearly in his music.

Am I the only one who wanted to reach in to the screen and put the two delay blocks in parallel 😁🎸

EDIT: I would set it up like this to achieve real W/D/W sounds preset attached, if you wanna play :)
AW-EVH.png

Attachments

• AW-EVH.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I love the “keep it simple” approach. No need to fill the grid with as many blocks as the CPU will allow to get a fantastic tone.

yes, it sounds great either way, because there's absolutely no sonic difference between the two, apart from there may be slightly less dry signal when everything is in series. this whole "wet / dry / wet" thing is proper bs, imo when you're just doing it in stereo

btw - if you want the micropitchift to sound wider (and nicer), add a little delay to the shifters...try 6ms one side and 15ms the other side.

great player though

You can do the delay with a single delay block using the Dual Delay and panning the two voices hard left and hard right respectively.
Not quite, since the input to delay 2 includes some of delay 1 mixed in. May or may not be significant and/or better/worse.

And just to say it, this is the modern world -- recreating 25 year old hard rock tones on a modeler while wearing Rascal Flatts swag :)

If you really want to do the W/D/W thing, it seems to be a mistake to run the delay blocks in (EDIT: parallel series), because, as Dave points out, you get a little bit of the first delay mixed in with the second delay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom