and I thought guitarists were bad...

Hey which Adams did you get? I've been jones-ing for the A7 for sometime now. I really can't complain though because I have Dynaudio BM15a's, but they really like some decibels to start to open up.

Looking at the Adams to be my goto nearfields.

On the subject of web forum that are insane... try cinematography related forums. Not movie fan forums, but the tech ones. No matter how minor a detail, EVERYTHING is a debate! And the personality conflicts are stuff of legend.

I got old ones. :D
P11a
I liked them better then the A7x and A8x.
I listened to a lot of music after hooking them up and I really, really love them!

For exsample, John Hiatt's 'Slow Turning' album - I know that one really well - and I heard vocal harmonies and doubling clearly where I heard 'nice' washes of sound before, at best.
Dr. John's 'Going back to New Orleans' even better then I remember it (and that says a lot!).
I was warned that the P11a's are quite unforgiving and not as pleasant to listen to as for exsample Genelec's, but I happen to enjoy what they do a lot.

I started mixing on them right away, the way they respond to even minor panning is amazing, plus there's very much detail in the depth perception.
An added bonus is that they were made right here in Germany (I didn't know that), in my hometown, Berlin.
Many germans don't know that and pronounce 'Adams' the american way... :)

Thanks for the report.

An added bonus is that they were made right here in Germany (I didn't know that), in my hometown, Berlin.
Many germans don't know that and pronounce 'Adams' the american way... :)

How do Germans pronounce Adam?

I remember a friend who showed me his ESS AMT-1 speakers waaaay back. The folded ribbon technology took me by surprise. I never could understand why they didn't catch on back then, maybe they cost too much to make.

Also, in keeping with the spirit of the thread topic, everyone knows that Adams with folded ribbon tweeters are:

A) The best! Why would anyone buy anything else, when everything is cr*p!

B) The worst. These things can't handle any power and my car stereo sounds better.

Studio monitors? Ha ... doesn't matter what sort you get because you'll still sound crap because mine are much better and so's my guitar, pickups, pots, leads, tee shirt collection, amp, speakers, cabs, plectrums, hundreds of 20 year old groupies with vajazzles spelling my name, teeth, hair, clogs, nipple rings and lycra jeans with leopard skin gussets because they are all custom built by ear by legendary deceased craftsmen with at least 80 years experience.

:mrgreen
he he heh, uhhh, you said vajazzle uh heh heh shizzle my dizzle love vagizzle.

Back
Top Bottom