and I thought guitarists were bad...

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
I spent some time researching info about a few studio monitors.
I have two options right now, have heard both pairs in person and was merely curious what the net 'community' had to say about them and others.
good god.

whenever a proud owner of new monitors posted a 'new monitors' or 'yay' thread, he was immediately told that his speakers were 'Amateurhupen' (amateur horns?) and that he liked them because he suffered from some kind of hearing deficiency.

what a shark tank...

LOL. Try doing that on GearSlutz too; yikes.

Every time I read someone complaining about how bad guitarists on forums are... I wonder if anyone has ever even been to either a car enthusiast forum or a sports forum. They are vicious, without mercy and just absolutely downright scary with how uncivil they are to those with opposing viewpoints.

Reactions: jon
yea, i've been to some of those audiophile and studio forums myself :S I tend to not go there much.....people there are not NEARLY as open minded as here! :eek:

Matter of fact, you'll get REAMED for just suggesting that something is actually well suited for your needs :/

funny thing is that when I listen to some of these 'experts' rant about how they use brand X monitor and get the "OMG BEST SOUND EV0R AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS CHEAP CRAP" from them, and go to their myspace or site, the music and/or mixes are TERRIBLE!!! :S just goes to show you how many internet know-it-alls there are around :/

guitar forums are actually MUCH more easygoing...

Studio monitors? Ha ... doesn't matter what sort you get because you'll still sound crap because mine are much better and so's my guitar, pickups, pots, leads, tee shirt collection, amp, speakers, cabs, plectrums, hundreds of 20 year old groupies with vajazzles spelling my name, teeth, hair, clogs, nipple rings and lycra jeans with leopard skin gussets because they are all custom built by ear by legendary deceased craftsmen with at least 80 years experience.

:mrgreen

LOL. Try doing that on GearSlutz too; yikes.

Every time I read someone complaining about how bad guitarists on forums are... I wonder if anyone has ever even been to either a car enthusiast forum or a sports forum. They are vicious, without mercy and just absolutely downright scary with how uncivil they are to those with opposing viewpoints.

I sir, challenge you to duel to the death over your fallacious views of fuel injection tuning! That is assuming I survive this afternoons duel with some cretin over a mic mod.

Heck I've seen an entire thread go ballistic over the topic of DAWs sounding different from each other and that brand x kills brand y because of z algorithms and q people use it. That was quite a laugh from me :lol

I remember the first thing I was taught about computers (a LONG time ago)
Garbage in = garbage out!

I spent some time researching info about a few studio monitors.
I have two options right now, have heard both pairs in person and was merely curious what the net 'community' had to say about them and others.
good god.

whenever a proud owner of new monitors posted a 'new monitors' or 'yay' thread, he was immediately told that his speakers were 'Amateurhupen' (amateur horns?) and that he liked them because he suffered from some kind of hearing deficiency.

what a shark tank...

Remember, these are the people who will argue until they're blue in the face about the merits of $2000 oxygen-free cables. ;)

The only thing worth being that atimate about is Scotch. Because everyone knows that Highland single malts are where its at, and anyone who disagrees is a godless heathen.

One of the rudest forums I've seen is dpreview.com, a photography-gearhead site...it's plain nasty on there when they endlessly debate just about anything.

The best topic to start a huge flame war there is "Should I Use A Clear Lens Filter In Front Of My Lens For Protection"....heh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom