An Enhancer and Filter before or after Amp/Cab

I'm looking to create a new pitch for my dirty channel and found that using a filter to fine tune my high pass and low cuts while using an enhancer, it gives me the control I'm seeking. However, I'm not sure where to place them.

Here is my set up in my Chain as we speak:

Intelligent Gate-----Compressor-----Drive------Gate/expander---GEQ, and last that feeds two amps and Cabs (the second amp and cab are obviously on a second block tied into the input)

Should I place a filter with an enhancer after the cabs (right sde ) or should I place it before it on the left side?

Please help, and all replies are much apprecated.

yes, the enhancer isn't like the BBE sonic maximizer...it does something entirely different. it enhances stereo width not upper and lower frequencies. think of it as a "widener"

place the filter wherever you like. you'll typically get a more pronounced effect after the cab. placing filters before the amp isn't so much for adjusting eq, but for tone shaping. experiment.

Thanks guys, this is great info. I basically got the concept of what I want but wasn't sure where to place this. I'm starting to see how powerful this piece of equipment really is.

This was all greatly appreciated very much. The only thing I'm missing is the MFC pedal to have foot control and to be able to bypass effects off/on in the chain. Maybe in 2 months time I'll be able to do this lol

Back
Top Bottom