Amps models.....too many?

Learn to appreciate what you have before time makes you appreciate what you had.
+200 plus amps to what Cliff just wrote.

Famous players spend entire careers on a handful of amps they found their "voice" in. For some, it's just one amp.

Fractal's job is to provide as many opportunities as possible for us, like the famous guys, to find the amps with our "voice" and/or to find our voice in an amp.

Not being able to do so is a problem unique to the "voiceless" musician, not the device providing the voices.

Cliff can we please get the Friedman Cantrell JJ-100, Steve Stevens SS-100, Dirty Shirley 20watt, Bill Kelliher(Mastodon), Phil X & the Buxom Betty.

I'd also love a Marshall Major, Park 75, Bray 4550 & PRS Archon.

Thanks.....that's just my list for today!
Thats practically my list too haha

Having the amp model list grow doesn't concern me.

My thoughts are I will never fully explore all the amp models.

But everyone has their own cup-o-tea right? So the additions might be what someone else has been waiting for.

I expect a lot of the amp additions are influenced by professional user's of the Fractal and also influenced by the great ears of the FAS staff.
This. Exactly this.

It's been quite a while since I've seen an addition that I was really excited about, but if they suddenly added an Archon or expanded the Orange offering, I'd quickly change my tune. Bottom line - it doesn't take anything away if they add more I don't personally use. It gives me a little hope that in a future FW in a year or five there will be another amp or two that I am really excited about.

Houston...you have a problem. Typical response these days from members whom don't question anything. I was not disrespectful in my question or the manner in which I stated it. Maybe I'll start every thread "with all due respect", then I can say what I want. Now pass the fancy sauce, please.

I agree with you. Your opening post was not disrespectful or anything. It was a valid question and a good question for a discussion. We are here to discuss things isn't it? But every time that someone posts a question like that you will get these kind of reactions on this forum.

The Fractal Axe FX is an embarrassment of riches. That is why I am such a big fan. What other company gives so much to their customers.

I lift my glass in salute and drink heartily.

I agree with you. Your opening post was not disrespectful or anything. It was a valid question and a good question for a discussion. We are here to discuss things isn't it? But every time that someone posts a question like that you will get these kind of reactions on this forum.
"Too many" isn't really a question for discussion. It implies that the number should be reduced or that FAS has failed in some way. I think that's the reason for certain reactions in this thread.

"Do you guys want to see more effects updates and less amps added?" is a question for discussion.

"Too many" isn't really a question for discussion. It implies that the number should be reduced or that FAS has failed in some way. I think that's the reason for certain reactions in this thread.

"Do you guys want to see more effects updates and less amps added?" is a question for discussion.
I literally don't need permission from you to pose a question on here. You are telling me what to think and how to post. If you don't like the question then ignore it!

I literally don't need permission from you to pose a question on here. You are telling me what to think and how to post.
i knew you were going to say that :)

i'm not telling you what to do at all.

i'm commenting on WHY there was a particular reaction, after the fact. not telling you what to do man. keep doing what you do. keep getting the reactions you do.

If you don't like the question then ignore it!
now you're telling ME what to do.

I literally don't need permission from you to pose a question on here. You are telling me what to think and how to post. If you don't like the question then ignore it!

No one ever said you need to ask permission. Look, your a forum regular, we know ya and love ya, but at the same time, I think it can't be denied that a significant number of threads you start are somewhat negative, or your having a problem, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything bad about pointing out a perceived issue. Nothing but blind praise would be useless, but hopefully you can understand how some folks can perceive your messages as a bit negative, even if that truly isn't your intention.

"Too many" isn't really a question for discussion. It implies that the number should be reduced or that FAS has failed in some way.

I don't read it like that. There is a question mark after "too many" after all. People here feel offended much too fast if someone poses a critical question about a Fractal product. That's why I feel I have to think twice before I post anything and really have to be careful what I am saying here on this forum. It's just discussion about a product, no judgement. We are all Fractal users that's why we are here in the first place. Don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:
End this thread. My question was just that. If you perceived as negative, then I don't know what to say. Majority of responses should be directed at the question, not whether I ruffled your vagina.

I personally love the fact that there are many amp models in the Axe FX and I always enjoy getting more amps in updates.
I love exploring new amps from time to time and for me that works very inspiring.
Also, many different people use the Axe FX and they all have different tastes and preferences.
So more amps can never hurt because they will only please more people.
There are still some amps that I'd love to see in the Axe FX.
If they never get modeled I surely wouldn't mind because I'm very pleased with the FAS amo collection as is.
But yeah, I like more! M0Ar! :)

I hope FAS keeps adding more. Every now and then I hear of a new boutique offering, if those amps keep getting modeled, I won't be encouraged to buy them.

FAS, saving me money with every firmware update.
Word out is Cliff is doing some male modeling for Zoolander 2 FAS amp release. Stay tuned.

il_570xN.842441195_ebht.jpg

Back
Top Bottom