Amp speaker tab question

Axeman

Experienced
I tried to do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Can anyone explain to me the amp speak tab PEQ settings? This is controlling the EQ at what part of the amp or cab? How are the default curves created? Why the Q/res spikes? Are these representative of some part of the original amp/cabs? When should I adjust these vs. the sliders on the EQ tab?

Axe II is amazing. So many places to adjust tone. Tone knobs, EQ tab, speaker tab, advanced tab. I would appreciate some tips on how to view these different tabs as a whole when tweeking tones.

Perhaps Cliff or one of the pros can someday do a vid tutorial on how the advanced parameters relate to these different tabs. Scott has done some great vids on building a preset, but he just tweeks knobs using his ears and we don't understand why he's tweeking on one tab as opposed to another tab (speaker vs. EQ tab) and how if you change something on the advanced tab, how that may change the approach on one of the other tabs.

Thx!

I think Scott posted an in depth look at this for version 6 or something. Try a search for his started threads.

I tried to do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Can anyone explain to me the amp speak tab PEQ settings? This is controlling the EQ at what part of the amp or cab? How are the default curves created? Why the Q/res spikes? Are these representative of some part of the original amp/cabs? When should I adjust these vs. the sliders on the EQ tab?

Axe II is amazing. So many places to adjust tone. Tone knobs, EQ tab, speaker tab, advanced tab. I would appreciate some tips on how to view these different tabs as a whole when tweeking tones.

Perhaps Cliff or one of the pros can someday do a vid tutorial on how the advanced parameters relate to these different tabs. Scott has done some great vids on building a preset, but he just tweeks knobs using his ears and we don't understand why he's tweeking on one tab as opposed to another tab (speaker vs. EQ tab) and how if you change something on the advanced tab, how that may change the approach on one of the other tabs.

Thx!

Scott's the man............take the time to digest this. Things have and will change with firmware upgrades, but the concept remains the same. Great info!!

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...e-release-monster-speaker-resonance-page.html

The short story:

The amp's Speaker tab isn't EQ. The curve models loudspeaker impedance. It lets the amp's power section react to the speaker's changing impedence the same way a real amp would.

Back
Top Bottom